Portfolio Management, CFA, Financial Modelling and Analysis
Job title: Senior Portfolio Manager/Commodities
Location: Central London (fully remote until notified)
Employment type: Contract, 9 months
Industry: Finance, Commodities, Oil & Gas
Daily Rate : £550 - 600 per day
We are looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager for our global Oil & Gas client with strong experience in financial, strategic and sustainability analytical modelling. You would be working in the central Portfolio Management team to deliver sustainable value growth, faster decision making and greater strategic alignment. You would govern end to end financial processes, being responsible for the analysis of the market and competitors.
What you will do
* Carry out financial, strategic and sustainability analytical modelling on client's portfolio and competitors to provide insights to the team, SVP PM&CA and the Head of M&A.
* Actively liase with internal stakeholders and external valuation providers to identify sources of integration value in the portfolio and potential market value gaps.
* Support the transition of client's portfolio by periodically tracking financial, strategic and sustainability metrics to ensure the pace and trajectory is on-track to meet week targets and aims.
* Be responsible for applying and improving the Paris consistency testing framework for relevant portfolio decisions and presenting the outcome of this in the Resource Commitment Meeting (RCM) pre-read.
* Provide adhoc support, including working with other teams across the group (Strategy, Finance Planning & Performance Management, Investor Relations, M&A etc), to make sure that they are engaged on the materials prepared, that processes are efficient and that the teams work together to provide high quality materials to senior executives.
Your skills & experience
* Experience in financial modelling and analysis
* Preferably coming from banking background, having CFA qualifications.
* Oil and gas experience is definitely a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Excellent networking and influencing skills to be able to work across businesses, levels and geographies * Strong attention to detail
* University degree level qualification Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
* Chartered Financial Analyst qualification or equivalent experience through prior exposure to Portfolio, Competitor Intelligence, M&A, Economic Evaluation Methodology (EEM) exposure and / or Business Development roles are preferred.
If the offer fits you and you have the relevant experience, don't hesitate to apply!