Daviess-Martin County REMC is currently searching for a Director of Finance and Accounting. This position is the top finance position in the Cooperative, reports directly to the CEO and is HIGHLY influential. The co-op is located in Loogootee, IN and has approximately 7,000 members.
Candidates with experience in managing finance and accounting in an electric cooperative are preferred, but will consider co-op accountants with no supervisory experience IF they have at least 5 years of experience as a general accountant. Experience in using the NISC IVUE system is highly preferred.
1. Manage the finance & accounting department of the cooperative.
2. Prepare or review monthly and/or annual journal entries, financial statements, tax filings, regulatory filings and accounting processes. Present financials to the Board monthly.
3. Prepare the annual budget and 10-year forecast for presentation to the Board.
4. Implement and maintain appropriate internal controls with the assistance of the outside auditor.
5. Maintain compliance with state, federal and local regulations.
6. Ensure continuing development and engagement of yourself and your direct-reports
1. At least 5 years of electric cooperative accounting experience is required.
2. Knowledge of the NISC IVUE system preferred. Experience in using Microsoft Office products is required
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accounting knowledge, math skills, decision-making and problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the ability to work well with others and to work with minimal supervision are all required.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Additional Salary Information: Send a cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional and 1 personal reference to:
Jane Bahler-Hurt, GM,
Daviess-Martin County REMC,
P.O. Box 430,
Loogootee, IN 47553
or e-mail to:
About Daviess-Martin County REMC
Daviess-Martin County REMC is an electric distribution cooperative with approximately 7,000 members, headquartered in Loogootee, IN. Our facility is close to I-69 in southwestern Indiana. Loogootee is 50 miles southwest of Bloomington, IN, 20 miles north of Jasper, IN, 35 miles east of Vincennes, IN and 28 miles west of Mitchell, IN.
The beauty of nature abounds in the area, surrounded by forests and lakes. Boggs Park is within 5 miles of the town and has camping, hiking, boating and fishing. The Glendale fish and wildlife park has one of the top fishing lakes in the state and is also a great camping, hunting and hiking area. Patoka Lake is 38 miles southeast of Loogootee and Lake Monroe is 58 miles northeast. The Hoosier National Forest, Brown County State Park and many other beautiful natural areas are within minutes of our Headquarters facility.
The area is also rich in agriculture. Being located in the country’s bread basket, we have acres of crop and livestock farms.
Area schools are solid academically and are all rated very high for school safety. Our area communities are safe, have traditional values and are family friendly.