This is a full-time opportunity based in Illinois, Chicago.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
Functional Job Description: This Senior Manager position is the lead Region Grocery Sales Finance contact for a number of key accounts within the warehouse delivered Juice BU. The accounts C&S, Delhaize, Publix, and other core accounts.
As the Sr. Manager on these accounts, you will be the key Finance contact responsible for providing the financial expertise and recommendations that enable effective decision-making within the business.
This position manages four direct reports and provides a unique opportunity to learn unique and important accounts.
The Finance Senior Manager will provide overall leadership for the period end results, preparation of forecasts, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), along with financial analysis, reporting and budgeting.
This role will work closely with the Sales teams as well as Commercial Finance/Revenue Management to drive profitable growth for PepsiCo as well as the customers.
• Work with Field Sales and Business Unit Sales Strategy to lead the annual plan process providing thought leadership on growth-driver based build, summarizing gaps to BU targets, and recommending creative solutions towards closing the gap
• Build strong relationships with the Sales leadership team and provide support for key business deliverables providing clear guidance to direct reports and sales team- all focused on delivering profitable growth
• Review trade accruals for accuracy and completeness working with teams each period close. Ensure accrual process is compliant with all SOX requirements.
This will require leading the overall effort of updating TPM/SAP with accurate event data working with Sales, TPAs, CCAs, and direct reports.
In addition, review liability balances periodically as well as lead the formal quarterly HQ/BU review requirements
• Lead the periodic Forecast process providing clear guidance to the team, identify key business drivers, gain alignment with Sales leadership, and provide key insight to Business Units
• Review "pre" (IFRs) & "post" promotional event analysis and lead the interaction between the Sales team and the BUs • Communicate periodic results to Sales management identifying potential risks and opportunities
• Perform ad hoc analyses that demonstrate problem solving, provide insightful analysis of business results to Senior Management, and then successfully influence acceptance of your recommendations to the broader team
• Identify opportunities for process simplification and consistently focus the team on the most critical priorities
Provide coaching to sales team to enhance their financial skill sets and build partnering relationships that ensure both functions are working together to enhance team performance
• Manage a team of four direct reports- provide training & coaching for their position responsibilities while being accountable for overall team deliverables.
Provide constructive feedback, career coaching, and manage PDR progress throughout the year making sure team is clear on how they are tracking versus their deliverables Function: Finance Company/Division: Juice Plus
Position Supervises: 4 headcount
What we’re looking for- Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required (Finance or Business Administration preferred)
• MBA preferred, CPA is a plus. Work Experience:
• 10-12 years of progressive responsibility, ideally with supervisory experience, in some of the following areas: Financial Planning and Analysis, evaluating business performance, Financial Accounting and Control. Functional finance experience is a plus (e.g. Marketing, Sales, R&D, Operations, Procurement etc.)
Skills & Capabilities:
• Experience with forecasting and budgeting
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment and gain the cooperation of individuals across the organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management • Strong influencing skills
• Results-oriented with ability to initiate and lead projects to completion
• Innovative thinker with a focus on continuous process improvement • Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications • Must be willing and able to travel up to 5% of the time
** This role does NOT support relocation assistance **
•All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco
Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must:
Complete an online application on our company website.
From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved in more than 200 countries and territories around the world, and our portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales.
PepsiCo’s culture combines an entrepreneurial mindset with global reach and resources. We are a company that values innovation and enables employees around the world to make a positive impact. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We’ll give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran