Atlanta Girls’ School is the only independent school for girls in Atlanta, serving girls in grades 6–12. AGS
authentically lives its mission by providing a challenging college-?
preparatory program in a learning
environment designed to foster the full potential of each student and to enable her to become a vital
contributor to our complex global society.
POSITION OVERVIEW Essential Employee
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and administration
of the financial and operational aspects of the school. This position serves as a key member of the
Administrative Team and works closely with the Finance & Investment Committee, Facilities Committee,
and the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees, as well as with officers of the Board of Trustees.
Reports to: Head of School
Direct Reports: Contracted Controller, IT, Facilities Director and Contracted Services, Human Resources
Contractor, Receptionist and Front Desk Personnel
• Bachelor’s degree in business or financial management from an accredited college is required.
Master’s degree in business management or related field strongly preferred.
• Five years or more experience in a relevant business/finance leadership role; independent school
• Working knowledge of federal and state employment law including HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA
• Mathematical and reasoning skills such as:
o Ability to analyze and organize financial data.
o Ability to make accurate computations.
o Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
o Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
o Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range
o Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Ability to represent the school and interact effectively with a very broad constituency
with professionalism and enthusiasm.
motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
• Technological skills and abilities such as:
o Computer literate with ability to quickly adapt to new computer software packages.
o Proficient in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
o Proficient with Quick Books and have an understanding of Raiser’s Edge.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Great attention to detail and initiative in problem solving.
• Ability to consistently manage a wide variety of issues, situations, and people.
• Position requires the physical and sensory abilities necessary to work in a school office
environment, with consistent distractions, sitting at a desk/working on a computer for an
extended period of time, and being able to move around the building and grounds and
occasionally lifting up to 30 lbs. Employee must have a valid Georgia driver’s license or the
ability to obtain a valid Georgia driver's license
About Atlanta Girls' School
Inspiring Girls to Lead Lives of Purpose
Atlanta Girls' School provides a challenging college-preparatory program in a leaning environment designed to foster the full potential of each student and to enable her to become a vital contributor to our complex global society.
We use girl-centered strategies both inside and outside of the classroom to ensure that all aspects of the learning environment are right for girls. Our girls learn to take appropriate risks, be courageous leaders, give back to their communities, and project personal confidence and competence in all they do.