Professional Development Program (PDP)-Accounting, Economics, and Finance, Class of 2020-1902462 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. We are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019 and by Diversity Inc. as #12 on Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Professional Development Program - Accounting, Economics, & Finance, Class of 2020
Where the Chemistry Happens...
BASF's Professional Development Programs (PDPs) were created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world rotational assignments within different domestic locations. They will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills, while fulfilling specific business needs. Participants will have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF's culture, values, and decision-makers.
Explore your sense of adventure! Build your professional network! Engage your passion for challenge!
Apply for the BASF Accounting, Economics, and Finance Professional Development Program!
APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS RECEIVING A BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN FINANCE, ECONOMICS, OR ACCOUNTING BETWEEN DECEMBER 2019 AND JUNE 2020.
* As a highly motivated upcoming graduate, you will participate in a 24-month cross-functional program
* Your ability to be mobile will be critical, as this program is comprised of multiple 6-month assignments, all based in separate locations throughout the U.S.
* Rotations will lead to exposure in areas of Corporate Finance & Accounting, Internal Audit, Financial Planning and Analysis roles within Business, Regional & Functional Units (Procurement, Human Resources, EHS etc.), and Manufacturing Site Accounting and Analysis
* Successfully engaging across the business throughout your rotations will expand your network, allow you to grow personally and professionally, and learn a variety of valuable skill sets.
* Upon your completion of the program, you may be offered direct placement within the organization in a variety of disciplines including, but not limited to, Corporate Accounting, Internal Audit, Site Accounting, Controlling, or Finance.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You...
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
* Enhanced career and leadership development, and value delivery to BASF through planned assignments
* Development of your technical expertise and the ability to network with upper level management throughout BASF
* A comprehensive program of employee benefits, including flexible work arrangements, and a competitive retirement savings plan
If selected, further interviews would include:
* One-way recorded HireVue interview
* Virtual interviews for all selected candidates will be held with 3 BASF representatives
*Note: Dates are subject to change
Interested in seeing where BASF is recruiting next? Visit https://basf.avature.net/events to get the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
To watch a video and learn more about the Accounting, Economics & Finance PDP, please visit www.basf.com/universitycareers.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
* Seniors graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (graduating between December 2019 - June 2020)
* Demonstrated academic achievement, with a minimum GPA of 3.2
* Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or future sponsorship
* Leadership potential
* Active participation in extracurricular activities and on campus organizations
* Commitment to relocate anywhere in the U.S.
* Previous internship/co-op experience is a plus
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: TAFI - Tax & Finance
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTH/O-PDP-PDP - UR Professional Development Progra-63010200
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.
BACK TO TOP
MFM 550 W. Frontage Road Ste. 3600 Northfield, IL 60093