1) Provide staff support to the Chairman and Executive Administrator on issues related to cost management, operational efficiency and new revenue opportunities.
2) Assist in the development of goals for the unit cost incentive plan and support the implementation of proposed initiatives.
3) Analyze clinical, utilization and financial data to provide answers to specific questions. Develop formal presentations of current market and financial information for Department administration in a way that helps them solve problems.
4) Perform financial and clinical data analyses using internal data published reports, telephone interviews, physician databases and other data to develop tools to help solve management problems, thinking through what specific data is needed and how the analysis will help answer a question.
5) Work with the appropriate individuals in the Hospital, Division, etc. to complete special analyses as needed. To avoid duplication of effort and costly databases, complete assignments involving profiling of physicians and physician groups for recruitment, and market/competitive analyses. Work closely with various hospital departments as problem identification and resolution.
6) Monitor Departmentâ™s monthly financials and performance to budget; conduct periodic variance analyses and forecasts; recommend changes as appropriate; complete quarterly and ad hoc analysis and summary of departmental financial performance and create presentations.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
7) Serve as lead in budget preparation process, including template development, database entry, presentation preparation; develop and implement tools to track budget performance through the fiscal year.
8) Assist in preparing periodic competitive reports tracking the volume and payer mix of key strategic programs as compared to other regional hospitals; periodically conduct analysis of volume variance by program and major payer as new data becomes available; interpret market trends through the monitoring of changes in both primary and secondary research.
9) Develop business plans as assigned and provide related support to complete the analyses required and document preparation; conduct market and competitive analysis; assist in developing recommendations and activity projections, and complete multi-year financial models for review and revision by the planning term.
10) Serve as lead analyst and chief information source for business plans and market assessments; complete utilization, demographic, competitive, physician and financial analyses to support clinical program planning and development of new initiatives.
11) Assist with special studies and documents under the supervision of the EA and colleagues.
12) Prepare comprehensive strategic documents for the Department administration as needed.
13) Maintain and re-engineer databases and reporting processes to improve department efficiency; develop templates for estimates for staff, faculty salaries and recovery, and all non-salary expenditures in order to report and understand the finances and operations of the areas of the Department; provide guidance and counsel to the Chair, faculty members, and departmental administrators.
1) Attention to detail
6) Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet development (Microsoft Excel), database management (Access) and graphic presentations (PowerPoint) and a knowledge ofÂ word processing programs
7) Demonstrated ability to do significant writing and effectively communicate verbally
8) Strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with diverse staff and management groups in a complex organization
9) Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and make decisions
10) Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
11) Ability to work independently identifying best approaches to problems/questions while also being capable of determining when to seek more senior advice
12) Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and in an organized manner prioritizing the work of multiple projects
13) Excellent verbal and written communication skills required as well as the ability to collaborate with physicians, and staff
1) Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, healthcare or a related field
1) Two years of experience in an administrative/supervisory capacity
2) Healthcare and/or academic medical center experience
3) Fundamental knowledge of the health care industry
4) Experience with complex marketing/planning applications
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06921
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.