Responsible for managing all finance and accounting functions for a GWS (Global Workplace Solutions) account engaged primarily in Project Management service delivery as well as Lease Admin services for a large financial services client in the Northeast Division. The position must be located onsite at client location in midtown New York City. Work closely and act as Trusted Business Advisor to Onsite Account Alliance Director and/or other Sr. GWS leaders. Report directly to Area Sr. Finance Director assigned to Northeast Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop the annual GWS Corporate budget for the account in accordance with GWS Finance guidelines and timeline.
· Prepare monthly and/or quarterly financial forecasts as well as review monthly/quarterly R&O (risks and opportunities).
· Work with CBRE Corporate Accounting to manage the month-end close process, review P&L and balance sheet activity, and prepare accrual and reclass entries as needed. Provide variance commentary to CBRE Corporate and Sr. GWS Leaders.
· Manage the client billing process, prepare monthly invoices for labor and reimbursable expenses, and manage accounts receivable for both PJM and Lease Admin services.
· Prepare financial reports for GWS Finance and account leadership as required.
· Manage trade working capital and DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) to meet GWS Finance targets.
· Establishes overall departmental policies and priorities and ensures that all deadlines are met.
· Supervises 3 Project Coordinator/Project Analyst staff including training and monitoring performance issues.
· Liaison with Lease Admin dept and Project Coordinators/Project Managers.
· Conducts other special financial and business studies and other duties as assigned by management. Produces a variety of routine and ad hoc financial reports, packages and pro forma analyses for client and/or senior management as required on an ad hoc basis .
· Participates in the research, development and preparation of accounting policy and procedures, as required.
· Oversees Tenant Improvement Allowances
· Tracks KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) as it relates to Earnout of At Risk Fees
· Oversees Value Track Function and/or Value to Fee calculations as well as Access Database
· Reviews & Approves T&E for all account staff
· Manages special projects and prepares presentations for senior management on ad hoc basis
· Assist with pricing models for new pursuits/expansion work/renewals working with Alliance Director, CBRE Business Development team and GWS Sr. Finance Leaders
· Other duties may be assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Collaborates with Account Alliance Director on recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime if applicable. Prepares and delivers annual performance appraisal for staff and/or as needed. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's RISE (respect, integrity, service and excellence) values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field. Requires a minimum of six years related experience to include at least two years in a lead or supervisory capacity. Public accounting experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
CPA or MBA (graduate degree) preferred, but not required (depending on experience).
Ability to apply excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately explain/report activity. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues and work collaboratively with business partners, key employees, top management, and client groups on various projects.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports. Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), concepts. SEC reporting experience desired (depending on the specific finance role).
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions and accounting principles. Ability to independently research complex accounting transactions/issues. Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as HFM Consolidation, PeopleSoft Financials and Cognos Planning. Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful. Strong work ethic and adaptable.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Internal Number: 19003926
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.