The Florida Education Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the Tallahassee office as an Operations and Finance Manager. The Manager will manage projects that are critical to the support of the office and Foundation’s finances. The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn about the Foundation’s education program areas and priorities. While the position’s primary duties are accounting and administrative support, it offers direct experience and exposure to the Florida Department of Education’s work. The position will be located in Tallahassee, Florida.
The work will primarily focus on financial management. The other half of the time will be spent supporting Foundation's programs/events, the Board of Directors, and administrative responsibilities. If interested to learn more a detailed position description can be made available upon request.
The position calls for a highly organized, flexible and resourceful individual with excellent communication skills and bookkeeping experience. The Foundation seeks to recruit an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, a respectful attitude for the work of the Foundation and our partners, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team. The Office and Finance Manager should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ work experience, preferably in accounting and with an operations role in an office environment requiring interaction with both internal and external “customers.”
* A passionate commitment to the goals of the Florida Education Foundation’s priorities areas and the ability/willingness to adapt as those priorities evolve
* A desire to proactively seek ways to support all FDOE and Foundation office staff
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, problem solver with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines, and a commitment to customer service
* Mastery of QuickBooks
* Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently
* Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
Additional Salary Information: The Foundation offers an excellent State of Florida benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
About Florida Education Foundation
The Florida Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable corporation established by Florida Statute 1001.24 to be the Direct Support Organization of the Florida Department of Education. The Foundation was organized exclusively to receive, hold, invest and administer property and to make expenditures to or for the benefit of public kindergarten through 12th-grade education in Florida. The primary purpose of the Foundation is the enhancement of educational excellence in the public schools of Florida.