Capital Markets Executive Search is the recruitment partner for a busy, City Centre Law Firm who have an opportunity for a Banking & Finance PSL Lawyer to join their growing Banking & Finance team. This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive professional organisation.
This role represents a great opportunity for a qualified solicitor to work within a rapidly growing firm that is committed to excellence in every aspect of its performance. This role also represents an excellent opportunity to join an existing team of PSLs and develop and grow as a PSL in a leading law firm.
About this role:
· This position will be part of a team that supports over 30 staff
· The PSL will be responsible for the management of Know-How, continuing professional development and precedents in the Finance group (which comprises Banking, Asset Finance and Structured Finance)
· The Finance group also advises on financial services regulatory issues relevant to its client base.
· The PSL will also work closely with the Finance partners in the delivery of relevant projects.
· Applying the understanding of market practice in developing precedents, client briefings, presentations and working practices for fee earners
· Monitoring legislation and practice developments and disseminating updates within the group at regular departmental meetings or by circulating materials
· Providing support to fee earners in researching points of law and keeping them abreast of new developments
· Collating and developing Know-How and ensuring Know-How is current, readily available and accessible to fee-earning staff
· Arranging/contributing to regular training sessions aimed at briefing fee earners on the relevant changes to law, practice and precedents
· Liaising with fee earners and contributing to the production and/or proof-reading of articles, briefings, newsletters or other materials for circulation to clients
· Developing, and participating in, a tailored induction programme for trainees and new joiners and providing an overview of the PSL role and its functions
· Contributing to and managing various parts of the firm's intranet and information provision services
· Identifying strategic business opportunities and working with fee earners to develop solutions which can be rolled-out across the group
· Actively assisting in the preparation of bids and tenders
· Presenting at external client events and pitches for new business
· Contributing to industry working groups and providing updates to the Finance group
· Liaising with the marketing team in relation to legal directory submissions for the Finance group.
· At least 3 years' post qualification experience gained within a top-tier law firm
· Experience in transactions focussed law practice
· Previous PSL experience is preferred
· Strong academic background
· Sound knowledge of Irish law in the relevant practice areas
· Excellent analytical and research skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong drafting skills coupled with attention to detail
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· A proven ability to be flexible and responsive to the ongoing needs of fee earning staff
The Reward Package:
· Market leading salary & benefits package on offer
To learn more about the role and client, please forward your CV stating availability or call Rowen on +353 1 507 9271 for a confidential discussion.
Internal Number: 4937527
About Capital Markets Executive Search
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.
BACK TO TOP
MFM 550 W. Frontage Road Ste. 3600 Northfield, IL 60093