Riskbridge is a boutique financial advisory firm providing advice on interest rate, foreign exchange and inflation derivatives for the infrastructure and project finance sector. Our clients include some of the World's leading infrastructure and pension funds, whom we advise on financial risk management for financing transactions from 10 million to multiple billions of dollars equivalent.
Riskbridge fills the gap between the highly specialist, but essentially conflicted, derivatives expertise held by investment banks and the now outmoded "price benchmarking" approach that characterises many of our competitors: practically all of our engagements begin at the earliest stages of a financing transaction and cover all aspects of the hedging workstream, from risk appraisal and structuring through to bank selection and negotiations, documentation, execution and liquidity strategy and execution itself. Deep derivatives expertise, coupled with our knowledge of the underlying asset and financing structures, has allowed us to lead the hedging process on some of the most challenging derivative trades transacted globally, and with some of the largest and most respected infrastructure investors and developers. We also work on a range of other types of mandates, and provide derivatives training to the infrastructure sector.
Founded in 2017, Riskbridge is an entrepreneurial startup company looking to grow a talented team of individuals who are considered best in class in this niche, but challenging and rewarding, business.
Having achieved a healthy transaction pipeline, Riskbridge is looking to appoint a client-facing derivatives advisor to both assist in, and be directly responsible for, delivering advisory mandates for our core client base. The role includes:
- Working closely with clients, financial advisors, investment bank derivative desks, law firms and other stakeholders, to deliver client transactions with increasing autonomy commensurate with experience.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of client market risk exposures, often entailing use / analysis of large Excel financial models.
- Hedge structuring and pricing, including interest rate, FX / cross-currency and inflation swaps and options.
- Management of trade execution processes.
- Creating and delivering written materials including client pitches, advisory analysis and presentations, termsheets, market commentaries and training materials.
Riskbridge has two office locations: Finsbury House, in the City of London and Nacton, Suffolk, situated approximately 1 hour by rail from the City and within the Suffolk Coasts and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Our preference is to hire in Suffolk, with regular attendance in London for client meetings, but there is scope for flexibility.
Our Suffolk location affords easy access to London together with an enviable lifestyle including stunning coastal landscapes, a multitude of outdoor pursuits, excellent private and state school options, a diverse community and affordable housing, with the area ranking within the country's top 10 property hotspots due to expansion of the London commuter belt. Our London location is situated in the heart of the City of London, a few minutes' walk from Liverpool Street Station.
- Highly numerate, most likely demonstrated by a strong academic record including a numerate degree from a top tier university.
- Between zero and five years' relevant experience, preferably in an OTC derivatives (CF30) role within bank derivatives coverage, structuring or advisory. A working knowledge of interest rate / cross-currency / inflation or foreign exchange swap and option pricing, XVAs, funding, regulation and basic hedge accounting principles would be an advantage.
- A desire to develop a client-focused consulting skillset and play an instrumental part in developing long-term client relationships. Whilst personal client management or consulting experience is not a prerequisite, experience within teams where these aspects are critical to success would be beneficial.
- A genuine interest in developing knowledge and experience of infrastructure clients and transactions. Experience of infrastructure and utilities or other "event driven" sectors (private equity, real estate, structured trade and export finance) is not a requirement but would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Inquisitiveness and strong attention to detail.
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills. VBA knowledge is advantageous.
- The flexibility and self-starting attitude required to succeed in a small startup company.
- The ability to hold a UK Financial Conduct Authority Approved Person role, including a regulatory reference from any former employer.
Competitive financial services compensation, commensurate with experience.
Riskbridge is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, sex, disability and faith. Applicants who have taken an alternative career path to the candidate criteria and can demonstrate equivalent capabilities will be given full consideration.
Internal Number: 5126937
About Riskbridge Associates
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.
BACK TO TOP
MFM 550 W. Frontage Road Ste. 3600 Northfield, IL 60093