FINANCIAL ANALYST - SYSTEM FINANCE Job Number: 00122421
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2018, 5:00:00 PM Closing Date: Dec 15, 2018, 5:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
DIVISION: SYSTEM FINANCE
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Finance-CCHHS, is responsible for analyzing data relevant to Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Expenditure Control for Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) . Assists with training staff and preparing audit schedules. May perform other duties as assigned.
· Prepares financial reports and spreadsheets on Accounts Payable from Oracle EBS, JD Edwards, and Lawson Accounts Payable modules.
· Troubleshoots and assists in resolving complex Accounts Payable and Expenditure problems.
· Prepares audit schedules and assists in analyzing Accounts Payable data .
· Assists in training staff on Accounts Payable and Expenditure Control; provides assistance with projects involving financial systems and reporting activities.
· Prepares written reports and memoranda including recommendations for solution to administrative problems regarding Accounts Payable and Expenditure Control.
· Remains current with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
· Acts as a liaison with departments and vendors on behalf of Accounts Payable in answering questions and resolving problems.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with two (2) years of full-time paid work experience as a Financial Analyst or similar role in a hospital, healthcare or managed care organization
Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or related quantitative field with full-time paid work experience as a Financial Analyst, Certified Public Accountant or similar role in a hospital, healthcare or managed care organization
(Official Transcripts due at time of interview)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Expenditure Control
Knowledge of business, finance and budgeting practices and legal requirements
Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite including complex formulas in Microsoft Excel such as V-Lookups and Pivot Tables
Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
Ability to analyze and reconcile large data sets
Ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the business
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
Internal Number: 219520
About Cook County Health & Hospitals System
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.