About the Position
BRAC USA seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented and analytical candidate to serve as Senior Associate, Finance and Administration who will report directly to the Finance and Administration Director. S/he will be based in New York and will responsible for supporting BRAC USA’s finances, human resources, and organizational management. This is a tremendous opportunity for a candidate who enjoys numbers, is able to think creatively to improve systems and wants to utilize his/her background in business, finance or accounting in a highly collaborative environment to achieve the mission and vision of BRAC USA.
- Maintain general ledger, including class allocations for donor restrictions;
- Prepare quarterly reconciliation schedules, including a reconciliation with the grant management database;
- Prepare financial reports for program teams;
- Assist in budget creation;
- Prepare for the annual external audit;
- Reconcile multiple bank and credit card accounts, and review staff expense reports and process personal expense reimbursements;
- Manage state agency charitable filings;
- Prepare 1099s and W2 forms; and
- Prepare payroll semi-monthly.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Assist with recruitment process, including advertising for positions on industry career sites and develop framework for secondary and tertiary interviews;
- Collect and organize employee paperwork;
- Maintain employee files;
- Manage staff enrollment in benefits;
- Manage a comprehensive orientation program to educate staff and interns about policies and procedures;
- Manage employee engagement initiatives, including lunch-and-learns, birthdays, and quarterly teambuilding events.
- Support office operations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, International Relations, or related field;
- At least 3 – 5 years of overall professional experience in accounting, finance and/or office administration, with prior nonprofit experience preferred;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Salesforce required, with proficiency in payment processors or similar development platforms preferred;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, and Google App Suite required.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to integrate into BRAC’s culture and work respectfully with other team members in the U.S. and worldwide; and
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
This is an outstanding opportunity to support a highly effective nonprofit. BRAC USA will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 401k, and vacation.
BRAC USA is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with state and federal law.
To apply, please visit www.bracusa.org/jobs, and upload your resume, detailed cover letter, writing sample, references, and salary history in PDF.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States on a permanent basis, as BRAC USA is unable to sponsor applicants for this position.
No calls, emails, visits, or recruiters associated with this position, please.