Position Summary (Primary Function)
The VP Administration and Finance/CFO provides leadership and management assistance to the President/CEO in overseeing major departments/functions of the Airport District. Directs the development, planning, implementation, and coordination of Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Information Technology Services (ITS), Risk Management, Procurement and Contract Administration.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Plans, implements, and directs financial functions:
- Reviews monthly and annual financial statements
- Ensures the financial system is accurate, efficient, and in accordance with professional accounting practices and government regulations
Implements District’s financial goals
- Coordinates annual external audit with CPA firm
- Responsible for development and implementation of Airline Rates and Charges
Implements, directs, and oversees all accounting functions
Develops and Administers the Cash Management System:
- Invests surplus or reserve funds to obtain the highest possible return within the approved District investment policy
- Maintains long/short term financing relationships with lenders
- Interacts with investment advisory counsel
Coordinates, Implements, and Monitors the Budget Functions:
- Coordinates the development of the Operational and Capital Improvement Budgets for Board approval
- Delivers the budget proposal to the Board for approval
- Monitors budget compliance
Maintains and Updates Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual
Oversees the planning, implementation, and administration Information Technology functions including:
- Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications and maintenance to the networking infrastructure, including network security
- Oversees and manages unified communication platform and systems through IT department and outside consultants as necessary
- Internal Systems
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery plans.
- Asset Management
- Oversees IT staff and system administration and shared tenant services
Coordinates Risk Management:
- Reviews, makes recommendations for, and administers District non-Human Resources insurance policies
Oversees District Procurement and Contract Administration Function
- Coordinates creation and execution of Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotations
- Ensures departments have sufficient vendor options to provide lowest cost and highest quality in procurements
- Directs vendor contract compliance
- Oversees DBE program compliance from contract origination, auditing and FAA reporting. Directs Lease Compliance
- Ensures lease compliance in terms of administration
Member of Executive Management Team:
- Assists in short and long range financial planning of projects as well as providing other needed financial data
- Interprets financial performance information for the management team and Board
- Provides financial information/updates to the management team and Board
- Establishes benchmark comparisons with other airports to measure performance
- May be required to act in place of the President/CEO in his/her absence
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Manage multiple and diverse activities and projects
- Read and interpret detailed information (i.e., leases and contracts, financial reports, etc.)
- Ability to prepare and present clear and concise administrative and financial reports
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
- Interact as necessary with District management, District Commission, consultants, legal counsel, and representatives of local, state and federal agencies
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer is necessary, including skills in financial accounting and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to provide administrative and professional leadership and direction to subordinate staff
- Manages a staff in the areas of accounting, procurement, and information technology
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
- CPA and/or AAE designation preferred
- Position warrants considerable independence and initiative in decision making regarding the administration and finance functions of the District.
- Position requires a high level of technical accuracy, as the level of impact resulting from errors could have a long-term negative effect, both economically and politically.
- Inaccurate work could result in lost revenue and/or increased expenses to the District.
- Job is performed in an office setting.
- Requires frequent bending, twisting, stooping or turning. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds is necessary.
- Must be able to operate a computer keyboard.
- Must be able to drive to various locations on and off airport premises.
- Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation and drug screen as required by the Federal Government.