Director, Business FinancePrimary Location:
CA-CAIrvine-163 Technology DrFunction:
CareMeridian Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual's unique needs at every stage of recovery.
Oversees financial operations in multiple states in order to ensure quality, maximize revenue and profit and implement growth and diversification efforts in accordance with corporate goals, philosophies and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
· Oversees state accounting operations to assure that financial results are correctly stated. Works closely with Executive Director and State Management Teams to achieve operating and strategic goals.
· Oversees preparation of budgets and reforecast.
· Performs monthly review and analysis of financial results with recommendations and action steps to deal with variances.
· Assesses billing and cost reporting requirements and establishes procedures to support them.
· Establishes and maintains productive relationships with key resources; operations managers, external payers, state and county auditors, reimbursement representatives, vendors, consultants, etc
· Participates actively in divisional management team.
· Coordinates activities and shares responsibility for projects with other key divisional staff.
· Provides leadership for team in fiscal and administrative systems development and training.
· Serves as primary liaison to CFO and corporate finance. Articulates field operation's needs for support and assistance.
· Provides assistance to corporate finance staff in developing systems and approaches to address company requirements and is responsive and sensitive to field needs.
· Establishes and maintains the necessary billing and receivables tracking systems to maximize collections and cash flow (minimize DSO).
· Assists in business development activities and new business opportunities. Reviews and prepares proposals for new starts and acquisitions. Meets and present proposals to potential customers along with operational managers.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field and ten years experience including five years experience in financial management. Experience with healthcare cost reporting, Medicaid reimbursement and desktop computer applications. Experience in the implementation of an enterprise accounting system or Oracle
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.