| Department Overview |
The Law Department, comprised of approximately 65 attorneys, provides legal services to the company and manages outside counsel. Most of the company’s routine securities and corporate governance activities are handled by the Law Department.
Serve as the Managing Counsel for the in-house corporate and finance legal team. Ensure effective leadership of the team with respect to financial disclosure, corporate governance and other matters arising under applicable State and Federal requirements, including securities laws.
This position will report to Vice President, Deputy General Counsel.
• Lead and build an experienced team to reach fullest potential and highest performance.
• Provide oversight for issues related to significant corporate and financial matters.
• Possess deep expertise in corporate disclosure, state and federal securities laws
• Provide advice and counsel to senior management and to finance department project and corporate governance teams in connection with securities-related matters, including financial disclosure and corporate governance.
• Manage and supervise outside counsel engaged for securities and corporate governance matters.
• Provide counsel on additional matters as needed and collaborate with colleagues to reach the best solutions on critical matters affecting the enterprise.
• Drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
• Responsibilities include handling matters personally.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
• Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
• A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
• Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation. Influences and Inspires
• Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
• Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
• Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
• Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
• Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
• Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
• Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
• Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
• Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.