| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Human Research Protection Office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Department Name/Job Location:
Collects and prepares complex financial information, which provides management with recommendations and documentation used in planning and budgeting. Perform administers fund accounting, administration and human resources duties for the department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes department costs and develops budget estimates for budget submission, including review and evaluation of annual strategic planning and budget planning.
- Manages department facilities, acquiring services and supplies as needed and approving designated office purchases as appropriate. Responsible for update/maintenance of asset/space records, inventory tracking, and related office and facilities operations.
- Develops and prepares presentation of complex financial results to management relative to departmental operations, payroll and personnel administration, grants administration, purchasing and accounts payable/receivable functions. Ensures accuracy and thoroughness of reports along with retaining for future reference and development. Provides necessary interpretation and explanation of work product as needed to University departments and leadership.
- Develops implements and updates policies and procedures maintaining current information and compliance with University policies and federal regulatory requirements related to Specialized Service Centers/Recharge Centers.
- Participates in development, preparation, review and evaluation of annual strategic planning project and budgeting process. May provide project management in support of unique and on-going initiatives.
- Designs and implements complex database applications for billing and invoicing using variety of FIS/AIS related applications. Assists with development and utilization of other complex financial models and analysis
- Oversees maintenance of personnel files, time and leave records, and manages payroll activities and personnel requisitions. Coordinates human resources activities of the unit in support of management.
- Attends meetings, education programs, workshops and keeps abreast of current literature.
- Participates employee orientation and training and development of departmental job descriptions.
Equivalent of BS in business/ accounting related field with more than 5 years of experience in finance/budgets and business management areas.
- MBA or related advanced degree.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with M.S. Office suite tools including spreadsheets, with analytical skills and University accounting system utilities.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to present information to leadership.
- Demonstrated business acumen – understands and can express the financial bottom line impact.
- Ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative data and analysis and build action plans that identify gaps and tactics to aid/supply management with creative alternatives or solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships with various leaders and contacts.
- Ability to work in a team environment to support successful operations of the department.
The hiring range for this position is $45,219 - $57,657 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G10.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.