Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 100384
Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the facility. Assists the Chief Financial Officer with various strategic initiatives and projects. Works with Senior Leadership and Directors to achieve productivity and other objectives as established by the Chief Financial Officer. Provides management coaching, guidance, and on-the-job training as necessary. Assists in the coordination and ensures the timely and accurate reporting of hospital financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and corporate specific guidelines. Assists department directors and managers with information requests, research, and processes to facilitate their understanding of their financial operations. Ensures that corporate guidelines and accounting/accounts payable policies are enforced. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with customers in support of organizational mission and departmental goals.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Accounting/Finance
- Prefer CPA and/or MBA
work experience requirements
- Seven years of finance experience in a healthcare setting or health related business. Prior PC financial applications experience required (financial, graphical, spreadsheet)
- Must have acute care hospital experience
- Excellent organizational, leadership, project management, interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of system personnel.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated financial management skills for hospital operations to include: financial reporting, accounting, budgeting and planning, productivity monitoring, billing compliance, reimbursement, cost accounting and financing.
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems and extensive working knowledge of healthcare accounting and decision support systems.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively building collaborative relationships with leadership, executives, physicians and other key business partners.
Position duties (essential functions, INCLUDE % OF TIME)
DAY TO DAY – 60%
- Responsible for management of day to day operational activities.
FINANCIAL PLANNING - 25%
- Lead the annual fiscal planning cycle to include strategic, capital and operational budget processes.
- Responsible for oversight of financial accounting and presentation of monthly financial operating results.
- Responsible for active physician engagement as it relates to financial operations impact.
REPORTING - 15%
- Responsible to facilitate accurate productivity reporting and benchmarking.
- Exhibit leadership skills to support the growth and development of facility and system associates.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.