The mission of the Legal department is to ensure that legal services are provided to Deutsche Bank with the goals of protecting the integrity and reputation of the Bank; managing legal risk to make transactions viable and safe and partnering with Risk, Compliance, Audit and others to provide a proactive integrated risk management approach.
Job Title: Securities Financing Associate (Global Prime Finance)
Corporate Title: Associate
You'll be joining the Legal department which ensures that legal services are provided to Deutsche Bank with the goals of protecting the integrity and reputation of the Bank; managing legal risk to make transactions viable and safe and partnering with Risk, Compliance, Audit and others to provide a proactive integrated risk management approach.
You will work within a team that is responsible for global prime finance documentation while also interacting with Front Office, Credit Risk partners and other infrastructure groups. You will work primarily on global master securities lending agreements, global master repurchase agreements, commission sharing agreements and related documentation.
- Negotiating documents within the Global Prime Finance (GPF) Legal team, reporting to the Head of Global Prime Finance, Birmingham
- Drafting and negotiating complex master documentation including global master securities lending agreements, global master repurchase agreements, commission sharing agreements and any other relevant documentation and subsequent amendments
- Undertaking due diligence on counterparties and assessing whether master agreements are eligible for regulatory netting
- Working collaboratively as part of a team of Negotiators in Birmingham
- Taking responsibility for the achievement of agreed individual targets
- Drafting contractual provisions as and when required by your clients
- Taking responsibility for progressing matters, working with multiple stakeholders to resolve issues and progressing matters to a conclusion
Skills & Qualifications:
- An excellent communicator with a proven ability to convey complex legal issues in plain English
- Self-motivated with a strong team ethic, creative and can bring new ideas to existing workflows and processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A consistent top performer with a 'can do' attitude, embraces the team's established performance culture
- Excellent time and workflow management skills
- Flexible and hard-working with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify issues and develop successful solutions
- Previous experience in exposure to senior management or clients (beneficial)
- Ability to read complex legal documentation
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- A strong team player
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level (or equivalent qualification)
- Qualified as a Solicitor ( or international equivalent)
- Previous experience of negotiating English law governed finance documentation which may include some of the above mentioned documents (beneficial)
- Previous experience at a leading law firm, financial services organisation, hedge fund or asset management company (beneficial)
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.