Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated's diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7197
POSITION TITLE: INVESTMENT ANALYST – TRADE FINANCE
DEPARTMENT: INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT/LONDON
- Bachelor Degree required; finance, economics, statistics or business related field. Advanced degree or CFA a plus.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of trade finance credit analysis (sovereign and corporate) experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement, covenant, structure, and risk analysis and relative value techniques are required.
- A comprehensive understanding of macro-economic and political factors are required.
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis, and the ability to make recommendations are required
- Ability to operate as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues across the Fixed Income Department.
- Computer proficiency especially in Microsoft office suit required; knowledge of Wall Street Office, Bloomberg, and/or statistical analysis software preferred.
- Initiate, perform and maintain high-level, in-depth research and analysis of emerging market trade finance credits in order to provide quality recommendations for security selection within the portfolios. The investment analysis will include financial statement analysis, evaluation of covenant structures, financial modeling, comparable company analysis as well as assessment of industry, transaction structure, and political and macroeconomic trends.
- Use analysis to formulate investment ideas and clearly articulate it to the portfolio managers for inclusion in the portfolio. This includes adding value by generating risk adjusted recommendations to either buy, sell, or hold any given security.
- Diligently seek research and remain apprised of country, political, company, and industry trends. Sources include, but are not limited to, industry publications, public documents, annual reports, trade journals, interviews with management teams, working with sell-side research analysts and reviewing financial statements and earnings transcripts.
- Build and maintain financial models and spreadsheets.
- Gather country, sector, and company data to be used in determining a credit and sector recommendation
- Proactively develop and maintain working rapport with external company/agency personnel.
- Participate in investment meetings within the International Fixed Income group.
- Diligently monitor news sources from around the world with particular attention to the designated region.
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Inquisitive nature
- Overtime as required
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.