The position of Finance Director CE reports directly to the Finance & Pricing Director whose focus is mainly on the business development side. You will be managing a largely remote finance team (India) and have a proactive and supporting role towards business and country leads in the region.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage all business planning, financial (monthly) forecasting, target setting, variance analysis and reporting of revenues, expenses, profit and headcount for multiple European countries in the region;
- Work with (remote) team to accurately report results to senior management of the European HQ (Netherlands) and Global HQ (US);
- Proactive identification, analysis (e.g. profitability per client, region, on and off site) communication and
- action of significant reporting variances versus forecast;
- Monitor and report on effective contract performance and act on anomalies and/or errors (DSO's, expenses, investments);
- Maintain and create financial models and (financial/commercial/operational) KPI's to support business development and decision making;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires;
- Coordinate the monthly/quarterly/annual budgets/forecasts for the CE region;
- Maintain a close working relationship with client partners, delivery partners, country leads etc.;
- Communicate proactively with managers in international markets to understand market/business trends;
- Keen understanding of risk and risk mitigation techniques inherent in information technology transactions and ensuring that risk is understood and under control.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Master's Degree preferably with a completed post doc (RA/RC/MBA);
- Relevant experience (8-12 years) in a senior finance position is required;
- Experience within IT services / software industry;
- The position requires a working knowledge of current "market" positions on key financial constructs and commercial terms, information technology customer expectations and, client advisor trends on these positions.
- International business and bidding experience, along with knowledge of off-shore engagement models is a plus.
- Senior gravitas with credibility to liaise with senior management and customers;
- Ability to support and influence sales/account/operational teams and country leads;
- Is very business driven, and has great familiarity with business analysis, analysis of the competition, market share play, business modeling, go to market, marketing investment strategy;
- Very detail oriented and hands-on if needed;
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines; comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment while maintaining accuracy;
- Able to adjust to a very rapidly evolving environment;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English;
- Strong team-working skills;
- Organized, proactive and result oriented;
- Experience leading a team desired;
- Ability to travel if required (25% max).
- A collaborative team player with experience of leading multi- disciplinary teams across multiple geographies and time zones;
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the emotional intelligence to relate effectively to a range of individuals withsignificantly different personality types and/or cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent listening, written & oral communication/presentation skills;
- Strong Analytical skills with ability to see the "big picture" while also driving execution;
- Organized and self -motivated with an excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrating a high level of technical, financial, and business acumen.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at http://www.cognizant.com/or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.