The Human Resources function at Barclays is structured around Client Relationship Teams and Centres of Excellence (CoE), which are staffed with professionals who have expertise in their particular area. The delivery of HR services sits with the Client Relationship Teams. The CoEs (of which International Mobility is one) provide leading-edge thinking in their specific areas of expertise and project management of key HR processes. The International Mobility team covers all entities in the Barclays Group.
Human Resources at Barclays is structured around the Client Relationship Team (CRT) and a number of Specialist Teams / Centres of Excellence (COEs).
The Client Relationship Team provides generalist HR support for the Barclays businesses in Asia Pacific. Activities covered include recruitment, performance management, compensation and employee relations advice. The CRTs are the first line of HR response to employee queries and provide support to senior managers in managing the people issues within their businesses.
The Functions CRT supports the Infrastructure divisions Legal, Compliance, Risk, Finance, Treasury, Internal Audit and other smaller support departments. The Asia Pacific Functions CRT works globally in conjunction with their counterparts in the UK and the US to deliver seamless HR services to the business.
Main function of the job
There are 4 key responsibilities of this role:
- Providing front line HR generalist coverage as APAC lead for Finance, Tax and Treasury and country HRBP support for these divisions.
- Working closely in an advisory capacity with a portfolio of clients.
- Interfacing with the HR CoE teams to ensure delivery of HR products and services to the business and communication of business priorities into the specialist teams.
- Supporting the Global Business Partner and work in partnership with the Regional Lead Functions HR Business Partner to ensure that the Global HR support strategy for these businesses is delivered and objectives are met.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be a practitioner in general Employee Relations advice including:
- Management of grievances, disciplinary and poor performance issues. Consult and transact with the business on involuntary exits.
- Provide advice to managers and employees on general employee policies, where appropriate.
- Work with respective CoE teams to develop and drive the business resourcing/internal mobility plans for anticipated business growth.
- Guide and advise hiring manager through the process when necessary.
- Advise the business on compensation levels.
- Involvement in the interview process, where required.
- Working with international assignment services on all expatriate / relocation issues for current and potential employees.
- Engage with respective business functions to drive performance, talent management and succession planning through:
- Consistency check meetings, active talent management discussions.
- Advise the business on how to assess performance and communicate appropriate messages.
- Focus on translating Business Unit strategy into HR strategy for each Business supported and tangible people plans and actioning these initiatives and priorities.
- Support clients throughout the year; Manage year-end processes, including promotion discussions and compensation review, involvement in annual market role matching and discussions on appropriate levels of compensation recommendations.
- Collate non-BAU business requirements and work closely with CoEs as and when required, to ensure fit for business purpose.
- Support and provide assistance to the business in the implementation of various global/regional Projects.
Skills and knowledge:
- Proven exposure in functional HR competencies (compensation planning, recruitment, problem solving and employee relations).
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong eye for detail and accuracy; delivery to deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skill.
- Proficient on MS Office application (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Proven HR Generalist experience, preferably within the Financial Services sector.
- Strong relevant experience working within a global and matrixed organization within financial services.
Rebecca Yuen Hsiu Chen
EA Licence No: 12C5536
EA registration no: R1110352
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.