We are seeking a technically excellent, individual to join the team who has extensive experience in either IFRS or US GAAP. You will be an organized, hardworking, friendly and confident individual, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to fit into the company culture.
This role will be based in London and will report to the Finance Director, Financial Markets who is based in Dallas. The role will be supported by qualified/certified and part qualified accountants based in London.
The successful candidate should have experience of working with senior business leaders. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to develop their skills and become part of a winning team.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the month end management accounting, including multi-currency reporting, for multiple departments and products
- Work in close collaboration with our Shared Service Centre teams to ensure the correct monthly classification of transactional items
- Manage the correct reporting of costs and revenues through month end analytical review Ensure complete and accurate balance sheet position is maintained, and is supported through balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for related UK entities.
- Reporting, Analysis & performance management
- Ensure business area management receives accurate monthly financial results with concise action orientated commentary and analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring business line accountability and ownership for delivery of profit plans through the provision of detailed expense reporting and analysis.
- Prepare materials and analysis to the Finance director and central FP&A group for monthly/quarterly business operations meetings and to support monthly close process.
Forecasting & Budgeting
- Responsible for ensuring the business area has up-to-date high quality revenue and expense forecasts that reflect material issues and business plans.
- A clear road map should be provided to the business each month on how the full year results will be delivered.
- Ensure the business has an accurate budget in place that reflects any long term plans prepared by the business and that is owned by the business.
- Partner closely with Sales Operations to ensure the sales pipeline is accurate and consistent with financial forecasts.
- Ensure sales fully buy into revenue forecasts and budgets.
- 2:1 or equivalent from a top tier university
- Qualified Accountant with solid experience of post-qualified experience.
- Experience of SAP and Hyperion a plus.
- Exceptional systems knowledge including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Proven experience of working within an international organization
- solid management experience
- Provide high quality financial information that is provided on a timely and accurate basis with action orientated commentary and analysis.
- Can act as an authoritative commercial and challenging sounding board to help shape future business decisions.
- Be able to articulate the operational and commercial actions that need to be taken to deliver current year forecasts/budgets.
- Have excellent project management skills and can lead across their business area all projects that relate to improving financial performance.
- Participate fully in all material business area decisions and provide rigorous financial guidance on how to deliver the optimal operational performance.
- Qualified Accountant with a strong accounting background, but has worked within a commercially focused finance role
- Contribute towards the training and development of junior staff members throughout their professional accountancy studies
- Other project based and ad-hoc work as required within the dynamic team
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.