About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer (AVP&CFO), the Director of Facilities Finance and Administration provides management oversight for the financial and business operations of Facilities, including budgeting and financial management, planning, reporting, and personnel administration, while assuring compliance with federal, state, university and departmental policies, procedures and regulations. This includes oversight for multiple auxiliary and recovery budgets including Virginia Tech Electric Service (VTES), University Design and Construction (UDC), Renovations, and the Quarry, with budgetary responsibility of:
- $50 million in receivables,
- $100 million in payables,
- $100 million in capital construction finances,
- $35 million in renovations, and
- $35 million with VTES.
Additionally, the annual Education and General (E&G) budget responsibility is $25 million. This position has direct oversight of the Facilities Finance, Facilities Business Office, Warehouse, Human Resources, VTES Business Office, and all financial positions within Facilities.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Business Development or related field.
- Experience with fiscal management, personnel administration, and business plan development to support key priorities and industry trends in a multi-function environment with annual expenditures between $100 and $250 million.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently, with excellent organizational and delegation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a higher education environment.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with knowledge of computer applications for data analysis and report development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop a strong team with unified vision of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Previous work experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of SCT Banner systems, HokieMart, HokieServ, and MicroStrategies.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar professional business license.
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 03/30/2017