UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Take advantage of this opportunity to join UT Southwestern Medical Center – one of the world’s foremost research institutions with a reputation for life-changing research. We currently have an opening for a Director of Finance in our Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
The Director of Finance directs the annual budget process for all aspects of clinical operations, integrating a plan for process improvement. As a leader in the Department of Internal Medicine, he/she directs the faculty salary compensation process by providing the structure used by senior leadership in evaluating and recommending annual salary adjustments and in determining compensation for recruitment. The Director of Finance maintains and administers the Clinician Educator Compensation Plan incentive payouts, ensuring Plan compliance, appropriate metrics, and effective communication with Chair, Vice Chair, Division Chiefs, and Plan participants. In addition, the Director collaborates with Division Chiefs and Division Administrators to ensure that the each division’s financial function is appropriately managed and that departmental resources are available for mentoring. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Master of Business Administration or related degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible financial management experience, with a minimum of five years in an academic medical center or hospital/clinic environment; supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial policies/procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
- A hands-on manager with integrity, ethical conduct, and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Showcases leadership capabilities with a strong commitment to developing team members.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with Health System management and Provost Office; ensuring that departmental financial issues are appropriately addressed.
To learn more and apply online, please visit: http://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/dfmgma
About UT Southwestern Medical Center:
UT Southwestern Medical Center ranks among the top academic medical centers with more active Nobel Prize winners than any other medical school in the world. As a premier educational, clinical and research institution, UT Southwestern is home to more than 2,000 distinguished scientists, physicians and allied health professionals. Our University Hospital has achieved Magnet Recognition® by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), joining only 7% of hospitals in the United States.
UT Southwestern is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.