Supervises: Accounts Payable and Payroll Departments
Type: Full-time; Exempt
I. Purpose of the Job
Responsible for all non-donation related activities in the Finance Department.
Provides leadership and coordination of MSF-USA’s expense accounting, general ledger, accounts payable and payroll functions. Ensures accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Ensures that all MSF USA cash disbursements are properly accounted and recorded according to US GAAP and MSF GAAP and that account coding is appropriate and consistent.
Directs the preparation of schedules and prepares other schedules in preparation of annual external audit. Is responsible for the production of the statutory Annual Accounts and the International Combined Accounts. Analyses and controls entries for year-end closing.
Ensures monthly reconciliations processes and quarterly reviews and accurate accounting of all expenses.
Ensures that all Accounts Payables processes are properly documented.
Coordinates and reviews the production of all statutory filings (IRS 990, CHR500, Form 5500, etc.)
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- General Ledger Management (50%)
- Management & Administration (25%)
- Budget and Reporting (20%)
- Consolidation of International MSF Accounts (5%)
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervises the work of the Accounts Payable Department (staff of two) who carry out varied finance, accounting, and administrative duties.
Supervises the Payroll Manager and acts as a backup payroll processor.
IV. Fiscal Responsibility
Contributes substantially to accuracy and completeness of all non-donation related reporting activities.
Has access to all financial data of MSF USA through use of accounting software and on-line banking, as well as confidential HR information (e.g. payroll).
V. Extent of Public Contact
Works with staff of all US departments on a regular basis. Works with finance staff at partner sections and the International Office on a regular basis. Works with auditors and other consultants (e.g. pension record keeper). Works with banks and other financial services vendors.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, including Budgeting, Reporting and Payroll
- CPA or equivalent commensurate experience
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to communicate with non-finance professionals about financial and accounting matters
- Organized, detail-oriented, problem solving, individual
- Strong written communication skills including ability to write internal memos to staff, and to document departmental procedures and write manuals
- Ability to handle a large volume of work under pressure and with deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy
- Prior experience with MIP
- Prior Experience with ADP
Send letter of interest/cover letter and CV to: Employment.firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Finance Manager. Any application submitted without letter of interest/cover letter will not be considered.
Salary - Low to High 80s (USD). Comprehensive benefits provided. Generous paid time off. A friendly, supportive environment.
Please submit applications by: March 10th, 2017. EOE.