| This position will serve as the Association Finance Manager for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of St. Lawrence County and will provide administrative direction, management and coordination for all Association Financial and Human Resources Operations as well as assigned regional finance and human resources responsibilities. This position will be responsible for financial management duties including: budgeting, completing complex projects and reports, investments, etc. This position will provide high level financial assistance to the Executive Director and assist with decision-making regarding the Association budget and related financial areas. This position often answers policy questions according to established financial guidelines, advising the Executive Director of problems. This position influences and assists in financial decision making. This position will also support the day to day functions of the Human Resources Department including, but not limited to: managing personnel files; office organization; ensuring all HR files are in compliance with records retention guidelines; hiring processes; payroll functions; and overseeing the administration of the local leave system (vacation, personal, and sick leave). This position will work closely with the Association Executive Director in all aspects of Finance and Human Resources and will in concert with the SBN Finance and Human Resources Leads, conveying information and gaining support in issues related to Finance and Human Resources as appropriate. This position will serve on leadership teams as appropriate.|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
All applicants must apply by close of business on March 20, 2017 to be considered for this position. All applicants must complete an application packet, which includes: cover letter, resume and three (3) references.
All External Applicants (including applicants currently employed by Cornell Cooperative Extension in Associations other than the Association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his/her application materials via the "APPLY" button located within this job posting.
All Internal Applicants (current employees working for the Association advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his/her Workday account, which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/.
Please contact Patrick Ames, Association Executive Director at 315-379-9192 with questions.
This position is a full-time exempt position - 100% FTE. This position, based on eligibility, offers a comprehensive benefit package, to include: health and dental insurance, retirement, vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education (Associate's Degree and 2 years of transferrable functional experience).
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid NYS Driver's License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality in all position responsibilities.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards (DMV and criminal background checks).
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management with a concentration in Accounting or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Four (4) years of experience in Accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to initiate, organize and implement established goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of varying ages and socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers, customers, volunteers and community leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and visual means.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technologies for educational and communication purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when required.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems.
Direction - 30%
- With high initiative and discretion, plan for delegated and assigned administrative functions of an Association, including Association expenses and staffing needs.
- In cooperation with the Association Executive Director, provide high level of expertise in financial leadership, compliance and strategy setting for the financial operations of the organization.
- Assist with planning for the overall Association's expenses and staffing needs.
- Develop budgets in conjunction with Association Executive Director.
Management - 35%
- In conjunction with Association Executive Director, execute and monitor budgets and contracts.
- Act as manager in all financial areas for the Association.
- Provide leadership in cost analyses, in determining appropriate methodology, and in completing analysis.
- Monitor, and verify all assigned Association accounts.
- Monitor internal operating policies and procedures for accounting functions.
- Manage and monitor the daily financial and business functions of the accounting/payroll process for association accounts.
- Provide oversight for all aspects of local leave system ensuring that this system conforms to established local Association leave policies.
Coordination/Operation - 30%
- Act as a resource to staff in preparing and maintaining grant budgets and interpretation of financial information.
- Coordinate audits and follow-up communication as required.
- Use automated systems and be familiar with software to accomplish functions.
- Construct complex financial statements and reports for supervisor and association in order to track trends.
- Perform the daily financial and business functions of the accounting/payroll process for association accounts.
- Coordinate and implement all hiring procedures to include, but not limited to: working with SBN Human Resources Lead to facilitate position posting and closing via the recruiting system; supporting search committee chairs; conducting background screenings as appropriate; maintaining search files, etc.
- Work in concert with the SBN Human Resources Lead to ensure accurate human resources records and timely transactions via the Human Resources Information System; assume the role of Human Resources/Finance Lookup in Workday.
- Ensure all payroll procedures are implemented in accordance with Cornell University's policies and procedures for St. Lawrence County.
- Communicate critical issues related to Human resources Information Systems (i.e. Workday, Workday Recruiting and Kronos) to the SBN Human Resources Lead for resolution.
- Participate in regular trainings/meetings, etc. provided by the SBN Finance and Human Resources Lead, and communicate needs and concerns as identified.
- Work with Association Executive Director and SBN Finance/SBN Human Resources Lead, when appropriate, to resolve higher level issues related to finance and human resources.
- Support the Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County's Board of Directors and Treasurer as appropriate to familiarize them with financial and human resources information.
- Complete special reports and projects relating to finance and human resources as appropriate.
- Perform other finance and human resources duties, as assigned, to support the work and objectives of the finance and human resources department.
- Effectively maintain professional relationships with other agencies, organizations and businesses that promote effective communication and facilitate continued programming efforts.
- This position may require the transport of Association materials or resources.
Professional Improvement and Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of St. Lawrence County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Title:Association Finance Manager
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Jerilynn Sharrott
Number of Openings:1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.