Audit Planning and Delivery
· Effectively applying GIAs risk-based planning methodology, support the Head of Audit / Audit Manager and the wider GIA leadership team in developing, monitoring, resourcing and continuously evolving an overall audit plan for aligned Business Units (BUs) / audit themes that is flexible and responsive to the changing business environment
· Own and deliver an assigned portfolio of audits, ensuring that:
· Planned audits are executed efficiently in line with budgeted effort and timescales and to a high standard, fully in accordance with GIAs audit methodology.
· Audits are clearly planned and researched using a risk-based approach to ensure scope is defined and objectives and timescales are met.
· Audits are conducted, risk assessed and risk and control issues identified and analysed to determine root cause (in conjunction with Audit Manager where appropriate) to ensure implementation of efficient and effective controls within business areas.
· The root causes of control errors are identified and practical solutions are recommended to adequately and effectively solve internal control weaknesses.
· Audit reports produced for stakeholders highlight findings clearly and concisely and detail recommendations for appropriate improvement actions.
· Audit findings are communicated effectively to senior business management in a clear, constructive and accurate manner to mitigate risk (in conjunction with Audit Manager on complex audits).
· Follow up of audit findings is conducted on a timely basis to ensure the business has implemented changes within agreed timescales and to agreed standards.
· Work collaboratively with other internal audit teams and other risk control functions to ensure a co-ordinated, consistent approach to risk management is adopted.
Aligned Audit Themes - relationship and knowledge management
· Develop and maintain an understanding of varied and complex finance and governance business objectives across the Group.
· Act as a focal point for building knowledge of finance & governance across GIA, using this knowledge to inform the effective targeting of GIA effort to the key business risks.
· Audit objectives are delivered with a high degree of accuracy and with minimal guidance required from Audit Managers / Head of Audit.
· Influence and develop relationships with management to help overcome any resistance to recommendations made.
Develop and maintain relationships with key customers to enhance business unit knowledge and promote best audit practice across the Group and enable a streamlined delivery of Audit services.
- Educated to degree level with a relevant professional qualification (e.g. accounting, audit, risk).
- Experience of undertaking finance audits/controls assurance reviews, ideally within a financial services context.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in 1:1 and group situations.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and deliver in a fast-moving commercial environment.
- In-depth knowledge and/or experience within finance function operations and management and financial reporting processes within a financial services industry environment.
- Sound knowledge of relevant financial services regulatory environment
For more information please contact Craig on 0131 473 4943 or / and email email@example.com