The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is ranked among the number one providers of undergraduate education in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. Rooted in the community since 1957, CCBC offers a unique approach to learning that empowers people to transform their lives. Interested in running the financial processes that enable it? Our campuses are diverse, vibrant and alive with activity, and we invite you to become a part of the CCBC community.
The following opportunities have been created by some retirements in our organization. These represent key financial leadership positions and perform as trusted advisers to the senior management team while actively contributing to the success of the College through strategic and tactical management of financial and operational activities.
Senior Director of Finance: Compensation range - $87,620 - $136,505
This is a key senior leadership position to oversee and administer a broad range of business functions for the College, including budgeting, student finance, payroll, system support, and other functions as assigned. In this capacity, you will help others understand our financials and be the trusted finance advisor to several business and finance teams. Basic qualifications include:
- Master's degree in a finance related field and eight years of experience in finance including supervisory responsibility required. Experienced in financial management and the related functional areas of: budgeting, payroll, student finance, system support. Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations as they relate to payment of wages and employee benefits, as well as tuition assistance and federal financial aid programs with higher education experience preferred.
Controller: Compensation range - $87,620 - $136,505
This is an opportunity to accelerate the financial operations of our dynamic Community College. Basic qualifications include:
- Master's degree in a finance related field or CPA and eight years of experience in finance including supervisory responsibility required. Experienced in financial management and the related functional areas of: accounting, purchasing, financial reporting, treasury management and risk management. CPA, Governmental or higher education experience preferred.
Director of Accounting: Compensation range - $64,066 - $99,812
This is an opportunity to oversee and manage the day to day accounting operation of the College and Foundation functions. Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of related experience required. CPA certification is preferred. Knowledge of accounting standards for public higher education, along with federal and state regulations, as well as accounting and reporting standards of not-for-profit institutions. Proficiency in online financial management systems and spreadsheet and word processing required.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
The role will be a good fit if you:
- Are detailed oriented and have problem solving skills
- Enjoy covering a wide array of business issues and teams with varying priorities
- Are able to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing several priorities
- Are able to work with large sets of data
- Are not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and learn new tools and processes
- Enjoy improving processes and providing ever higher levels of support to the business and your finance peers
CCBC offers an excellent benefits package. For details, please visit our website here.
TO APPLY, please visit our website www.ccbcmd.edu/jobs
EEO/AA Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status