Anshe Emet Synagogue is currently seeking a dynamic and seasoned financial professional to oversee the financial operations of the synagogue. Reporting to the Executive Director, this senior staff position includes a broad spectrum of responsibilities and opportunities for personal growth and fulfillment.
The successful candidate will be an experienced financial professional who is conversant with accounting principles, is hands-on, and can juggle multiple priorities. A broad range of experience in the nonprofit environment is required, particularly experience with accounting for multiple temporary and permanently restricted funds.
About Anshe Emet Synagogue
Anshe Emet Synagogue is a sophisticated, urban congregation with a diverse, multi-generational membership. We are the oldest Conservative congregation in Chicago and have a long history of being a center for Torah study, cultural activity, and Israel and social justice advocacy. We offer a collegial environment that is member-centered and guided by the Jewish calendar, Jewish culture and traditions.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports and dashboard, for the purpose of management and oversight by the Executive Director, the Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, and department heads.
- Oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reviews bi-monthly payroll for accuracy.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and attends meetings of the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors, as required
- Develops and manages the budget for all areas, for review and approval by the Board of Trustees
- Oversees the conduct of the annual review, and prepares associated schedules and work papers
- Provides financial analyses and reports for the purpose of forecasting, cash flow management, facilities cost management, and other as needed
- Develops, maintains, and oversees all internal financial controls and policies