R&D Finance Business Partner-1700378
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a R&D Finance Business Partner, who would report the Global Catalyst RD Controller and support the re-design, optimization and simplification and management of the Divisional R&D process/tools around cost management. This would also include analytics/KPIs/reporting and strategic business steering for ~40M annual budget.
R&D Finance Business Partner (1700378)
You will focus on establishing dialogue/communication at business unit level and corresponding R&D group to drive business alignment and transparency to enable better strategic decision making/value generation. You will need to influence/drive change within BU Controlling/BU R&D leadership teams.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead assigned BU R&D cost management, forecasting, planning and R&D project review processes & suggest/implement improvements to simplify/optimize/harmonize/automate (i.e. service provider vs project view, Tableau drivers & predictive analytics)
- Create analytics/KPI's/project evaluations based on fact-based analyses to develop strategic recommendations enabling decision making/planning. (i.e., benchmarking, market/competition, value generation/ROI of potential & past projects, portfolio steering/investment optimization, cost management, investment goals, etc)
- Implement BU specific communication mechanisms and dialogue with BU's/business managers/controlling/R&D/Strategy/other functions to develop alignment/transparency and better support of BU's & R&D teams via big picture mindset
- Develop improvements to monitor, and analyze performance data and market trends to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and performance of R&D
- Prepare analysis and support strategic R&D reviews with senior management
- Maintain reasonable understanding of products, business strategies & P&Ls
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in a quantitative field (e.g. finance, mathematics, or statistics)
- 3+ years of related work experience with a minimum of 2 years' experience in global, complex, matrix organizations.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of personnel and senior management including adapting appropriate oral and written presentations. Demonstrated ability in influencing and leading change.
- Strong analytical skills. Strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (e.g. an understanding of pivot tables, v-lookup and macros).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify key issues and value drivers, and translate strategic insights into an appropriate analytic framework.
- In-depth understanding of the economics/P&L of a company and market dynamics that affect these environments.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting theory and practice/IFRS, systems, budgets, financial/economic analysis, planning and internal control methodologies.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Operational and cross-functional experience preferred.
- Chemical industry knowledge/experience preferred.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Iselin
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: CC/C-Catalysts Controlling