Ministry of Finance Victoria Senior Portfolio Manager, Corporate and Project Finance Salary: $86,000 to $112,000 Annually The Provincial Treasury looks after the province’s borrowing and financing needs, and manages banking and cash. These services are extended to all ministries, Crown corporations and public sector agencies. Within the Treasury, the Corporate and Project Finance Group provides financial advisory and project financing services to the government, Crown corporations and agencies. In addition to alternative financing of infrastructure and other capital projects, the Group provides strategic expertise, direction and advice on corporate finance matters including valuation, capital procurement decisions, optimization of risk, return and cost of capital, financing decisions and optimization of corporate capital structure, corporate restructuring, reorganization and divestiture of capital assets. The Senior Portfolio Manager directs, controls and coordinates the Group’s delivery and development of financial advisory and arranger services to the public sector entities with respect to project finance, corporate restructuring, the procurement of capital assets by alternative methods (e.g. public-private partnerships), and other ad-hoc corporate finance initiatives . The position develops strategic plans and policy for delivery of alternative financing services by the Corporate and Project Finance Group and use thereof by the public sector. Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, finance, or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant and recent experience as defined below. Preference may be given for more than 5 years of related experience:
- Senior level experience in developing governance and financial structures for the sale of assets, corporate restructuring and privatization and in developing and executing related financing transactions.
- Senior level experience evaluating proposals for alternative capital procurement to assess financial and economic viability of projects and value-for-money.
- Experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Experience managing a team of project professionals for delivery of specific projects.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Preference may be given for experience in budget management, procurement and conflict resolution.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by February 28th 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=39098