The Vice President- SCF will be responsible for promoting the SCF product internally within Mizuho in the Americas and will meet with existing or prospective SCF clients. The Vice President- SCF will have responsibility for on-boarding buyers and suppliers onto the Mizuho / Third Party Platform Provider SCF Platform ("Platform"). The individual will support Mizuho Relationship Managers in preparing credit applications in respect of SCF transactions.
- The Vice President- SCF will support the Head of SCF, Americas in managing all aspects of the supply chain finance product within Mizuho. The individual will have day to day responsibility for marketing the SCF product internally and with existing and targeted clients of Mizuho. The Vice President SCF will work closely with the Head of SCF, Americas in supporting other product partners within Global Trade Finance Division, Business Promotion Units and product partners within the wider bank. The individual will support the pursuit of common goals of minimizing risk while maximizing client satisfaction and returns to Mizuho shareholders.
- The Vice President- SCF will assist in the on-boarding of buyers and suppliers onto the Platform. In this regard, the individual will articulate the Mizuho SCF working capital and other benefits to buyers and suppliers. The Vice President-SCF, in consultation with the Head of SCF, Americas will support all phases of negotiations with buyers and suppliers, including pricing and documentation.
- The Vice President-SCF will support the promotion of the SCF product internally and with existing and targeted clients. The individual will develop and deliver to buyers such information and reports that may be needed in order to advise the buyer of the benefits of the SCF product. In addition the individual will provide buyers with such information as a supplier on-boarding analysis and forecasting supplier enrollment probability. The Vice President-SCF will be responsible for developing and maintaining a solid business relationship and with the treasury and procurement teams of buyer clients.
The Vice President- SCF Chain Finance will be required to:
- Support the Head of SCF, Americas in driving and maintaining the Global Trade Finance Division SCF strategic plan including:
A) Platform – thorough understanding of the Platform and the ability to articulate the benefits of SCF; ongoing monitoring and updating of the Platform as needed; Preparation of monthly internal management reports
B) Credit Risk Management and Business Promotion Units- Support the Head of SCF, Americas in order to bring various business partners up to speed on the SCF products via meetings and presentations
- Establish and maintain a high-level internal and client business relationships
- Preparing customized marketing materials including, among other things, all appropriate analytics (DSO/DPO/CCC/FCF/peer and analysis); assist in the preparation of transaction specific RFP's Proposals
- Support the Head of SCF, Americas in developing a Global Trade Finance Risk Distribution capability within GTFD in order to ensure ample liquidity exists for targeted clients
- Leverage internal stakeholder teams and product partners to drive business results
- Be familiar with and when necessary, review all transactional documentation
- Work within agreed budget and strive to deliver cost effective solutions
- Develop relationships with Mizuho product partners. Leverage internal Business Promotion teams for support and access to their client base.
- Responsible for adhering to all policy and process and procedure documents necessary to implement and monitor the Platform
Technical Skills Required
- Sound knowledge of the operation of PrimrRevenue and other SCF Platforms;
- PC skills with a solid understanding of word-processing and spreadsheet applications; Microsoft Word and Excel
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field of Supply Chain Finance working in financial institutions;
- Proven track record of working with SCF Platforms and solid experience in onboarding buyers and suppliers;
- Knowledge of US legal and tax issues relating to supply chain finance helpful
- Experience in risk (credit training preferable), technology, cash management services and trade finance products.
In addition, the Vice President- SCF must exhibit:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to support the coordination and implementation the SCF Business Plan within North America and to assist the Head of SCF, Americas in building it across the region.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; a strong team player; the ability work seamlessly in a multi-cultural environment
- The ability to build consensus; proven negotiations skills with the ability to influence and persuade internal and external senior management level contacts
- Proven people skills with the ability to effectively motivate team members; review and establish goals and assessment of employees within bank policies and procedures
- A think "Outside the box" mentality
- A strong track record of business success
- Sensitivity to client needs while being cognizant of delivery capabilities
- The ability to support the delivery of the SCF Business Plan with resources provided
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and apply results to resolve issues
- The ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- BA/BS required; MBA/MS preferable, but not necessary
- Series 7 and 63 Licenses would be beneficial
NOTE: This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Additionally, the contents of this Job Description may be modified or expanded by the Bank over time.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.