The Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) advises the President on all matters pertaining to the management and operation of accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budget management and control, payroll, student aid disbursement, budget preparation, financial information systems, credit management, collections, fiscal planning, and financial statement preparation. The VPFA exercises a major responsibility for the finances of the College and advises the Board of Trustees on the financial status, budget, and overall financial stability and health of the College. The VPFA helps to promote a customer-oriented service attitude and serves as the executive officer directly responsible for providing leadership and general management of the following service units: Finance, Campus Technology, Facilities including construction management, Student Financial Planning, Food Service, insurance management, Campus Safety, Event Services, Dining Services and the Campus Bookstore. The VPFA serves as chief business and financial officer, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Promotes the financial well-being of the College by providing budget management, monitoring appropriate investments of temporary cash balances, exercising executive control over College budgets, and safeguarding all financial assets of the College.
- Advises the President, senior College administration officers, and members of the Board of Trustees on issues relating to the financial status of the College by serving as a member of the President’s Cabinet, reporting financial information at Board of Trustees meetings, and by preparing reports, budget forecasts, recommendations, findings, and other correspondence as required.
- Directs the development of the institutional operating budget
- Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of the financial accounting system and monthly financial reports
- Oversees procurement, including purchasing, solicitations, departmental procurement cards, property control, mailroom services, real estate acquisitions, risk management and insurance.
- Ensures compliance with the mission and strategic plan of the College by collaborating with others across the College to develop and review unit plans, goals, and objectives; ensure that those plans are aligned with the budgeting process; developing effective business processes incorporating automation with appropriate technologies; and designing systems of effective controls to guide work toward expected outcomes.
- Participates in the institutional strategic planning efforts and coordinates the development of the budget to further those efforts
- Provides general supervision of endowment administration
- Oversees the administrative operations of the College’s investment program, including communications with investment consultants, coordinates with the Board’s Investment Subcommittee to ensure compliance with investment guidelines, and financial reporting requirements.
- Negotiates and supervise all outsourcing contracts
- Negotiates all insurance contracts
- Serves as primary legal liaison for College with counsel on legal issues and litigation
- Serves as compliance officer of College for various federal regulations
- Negotiates all contracts for construction and renovation of facilities
- Serves as Officer in Charge for all construction projects
- Assists Institutional Advancement with foundation and grant requests
- Manages off-campus real estate holdings
- Serves as post-award compliance officer to ensure accurate reporting as required by grants and federal contracts.
- Serves as ex-officio Officer and Advisor to the Board of Trustees for the committees of Audit, Assets and Resources, and the Investment Sub-committee.
- Serves on President’s Cabinet
- Serves as Advisor to the President in the capacity of Chief Business Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Administrative Officer.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Oversees and manages institutional bonds to ensure compliance with debt covenants
- Oversees the maintenance and construction of facilities and ensures a process to monitor and evaluate facilities on a regular basis to address deferred maintenance, renovation, and repair needs.
- Oversees the development of a 5- or 10-year campus master plan for the expansion and renovation of the campus.
We believe that a diverse faculty and staff are essential to achieving academic excellence; thus, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.