Fortress Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced professional to join the project management group of our fund placement team. The position will collaborate with other members of the Fortress sales and project management team to execute the firm's alternative asset fund marketing mandates (private equity, private credit, and other illiquid alternative asset strategies). This will include, among other duties, developing written fund marketing and offering materials, drafting customized informational materials requested by investors, and supporting execution of marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, is highly detail-oriented, is able to multi-task and manage projects effectively, thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and can produce high quality written/visual materials in a timely fashion. The candidate will be expected to think creatively to help develop a strong, consistent marketing message and materials that will effectively communicate the key characteristics of the funds being marketed.
Fortress Group is an independent placement agent with a 16-year track record of arranging private placements of limited partnership interests for successful, experienced alternative asset fund managers. Fortress is an SEC-registered broker-dealer / FINRA member firm and also operates an FCA-registered European affiliate firm. Our sole focus is third-party placement and advisory assignments; we do not offer or manage our own investment funds. We are dedicated to serving the needs of sophisticated institutional investors and assisting them at all stages of their evaluation process relating to each offering that we bring to market. Our investor network and relationships include endowments, foundations, corporate pensions, public pensions, insurance companies, funds-of-funds, private banks, trust companies, family offices, and gatekeepers/advisors in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The firm's typical fund marketing assignments range from $250 million to $2.0 billion in targeted fund size. Fortress has been placement agent on $15 billion in successful fund raises since formation in 2000.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the preparation of offering memoranda, investor presentations, and due diligence materials.
- Prepare track record, benchmarking, and other analyses.
- Assist in developing compelling, differentiated marketing messages for fund manager clients.
- Work closely with sales staff and fund manager clients to produce customized materials in response to investor due diligence requests.
- Coordinate preparation of campaign status reports and assist in presenting the reports to clients.
- Track progress and deliverables for multiple client projects simultaneously in order to ensure efficient team tasking and timely completion of required tasks.
- Assist in oversight and management of firm's research analysts and other support staff.
- Communicate with institutional investors to discuss portfolio objectives and introduce the firm's fund offerings.
- Coordinate with the sales staff in arranging and potentially participating in investor road-show presentations.
- B.A. degree, preferably in Marketing, Finance or other related business discipline.
- Minimum of two years' related professional experience, with financial marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and research skills required.
- Facility with advanced analytical and graphical features of Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office software.
- Experience managing complex, deadline-oriented projects individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to operate in a high-volume, entrepreneurial environment and to show initiative and self-direction.
- Ideal candidate has a prior understanding of and experience with alternative investment strategies (i.e., private equity, private credit, and other illiquid alternative asset strategies).