The University of Missouri – Kansas City Division of Finance and Administration has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for a motivated and team focused individual to join our team as an Administrative/Financial Manager. The ability to collaborate and engage with the academic units and departments we serve will play a big role in the success of this individual and the ability of the debarment to meet the needs of the University. This individual will be responsible for the full array of accounting, financial and budgeting activities for selected academic units and departments on campus.
Administrative and Financial Duties
- Monitor all fiscal activity (revenues, expenses and grants) for assigned units.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, fiduciary, fiscal and reporting requirements.
- Provide financial leadership and expertise to the units being supported.
- Work with internal auditors as needed.
- Assist with financial management of grants as needed.
- Duties may include some supervisory responsibilities.
Planning and Budgeting
- Work with leadership to develop and monitor budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Participate in the development of strategy, and new business plans (where appropriate) and monitor performance against plan.
- Participate in the development of long range plans and other financial planning.
- Perform fiscal analysis to assist with cost centers, processes, flow, and decision making by the Dean.
- Partner with the unit leadership to support fact based decision making.
- Collaborate and work with units across campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachments.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
Application deadline: Sunday January 22, 2017
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
UMKC is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Affirmative Action at 816-235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: