The new hire will benefit from direct exposure to clients (no waiting to become an Associate), improved work-life balance, and experience leading to excellent exit opportunities in PE and the hedge fund world (credit, M&A arbitrage, etc.) if not a career with the firm itself. This opportunity is located in New York, NY (midtown).
The Turnaround and Restructuring practice offers critical assistance to companies that are under performing, in a crisis, or are healthy, but with underperforming divisions. Working directly with company management, the Firm helps stabilize financial and operational performance by developing and implementing comprehensive profitability and working capital plans. The Firm's involvement reassures creditors and investors that the company is taking steps to address its problems and maximize its value.
As an analyst in the Corporate Finance group you will gain experience in restructurings, M&A, and financial advisory services. Furthermore, you will have exposure to a variety of products and have the chance to immediately interact with clients. It is expected that you will continue to take on more responsibilities as your transaction execution skills are refined.
- Actively participating in restructuring assignments, a high pressure environment that requires an ability to quickly and accurately respond to requests
- Preparing valuations (i.e. comparable analysis, DCF, etc.)
- Providing a high level of qualitative and quantitative financial modeling
- Ensuring that all material is accurate and complete
- Participating actively in client meetings
- Preparing pitch books to support the group's ongoing business development efforts
- Conducting business, industry, and capital markets research
- Minimum of 2 years of investment banking experience required (Analyst II – III is ideal)
- An understanding or experience in distress/restructuring or M&A
- Bachelor's Degree with major in Business or Accounting (depending on work experience, can consider other degrees) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytic and modeling skills
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of capital markets and investment banking products
- Expertise in financial and computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Bloomberg)
- Understanding/experience with credit analysis is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills utilized within a team environment and in client interaction
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- High level of integrity