A comprehensive land-, sea-, and space-grant university, UNH is the state's flagship public university and is ideally located in the rural town of Durham, with ready access to the Maine and New Hampshire seacoasts, Boston, and the White Mountains. The University actively creates and nurtures a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences and cultural backgrounds pursue goals with mutual respect and shared spirit of inquiry. UNH has just under 13,000 undergraduate students and 2,200 graduate students.
Under administrative review by the Dean of the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics, the Director of Finance and Administration serves as the chief financial and administrative officer of the College with additional responsibilities for overseeing information technology strategy and operations, facility management and oversight and compliance of all administrative policies and procedures. The Director of Finance and Administration will consider the overall best interests of the College by working with other units to ensure the best and most efficient use of the College's resources.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for financial and administrative management within the College, including, but not limited to, internal control, annual budgeting process, financial reporting, financial projections, financial analysis and modeling for strategic planning decisions, policy development, contract and grant administration, facilities management, oversight of staff human resources management processes, and other duties as deemed necessary by the Dean.
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of the College's financial and administrative policies and procedures. Manage the fiscal year budget of the College including creating guidelines for budget requests and the approval process for annual budgets, restricted and unrestricted.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the College. Develop, evaluate and oversee the College's financial/administrative policy and procedures and responsible for financial and operational planning. Manage and provide financial planning support for the College's new and existing initiatives. Prepare timely financial analyses and management reports relevant to the needs of the College and the operational needs of the dean, faculty, chairs, and principal investigators.
- Responsible for monitoring and performing analyses of the expenditures in relation to the budgeted figures and implementing budget strategies, policies and procedures. Direct the College's budgetary controls and tracking and recommend fiscal controls to assure financial efficiencies.
- Review all financial and administrative documents prior to approval as designated by the Dean. Responsible for reviewing and executing contracts and other official documents on behalf of College (USNH signature authority up to $25,000).
- Oversee Business Services Center personnel and operations. Coordinate activities with other operating and academic departments within the College and University.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Finance and Administration and Provost Offices regarding University financial and administrative processes. Maintain a strong working relationship with dean, associate deans, faculty and staff to ensure an understanding of College and University financial priorities and strategy.
- Participate in planning and evaluation activities within the College, including but not limited to, new program initiatives, salary and external surveys, accreditation, and program review.
- This individual will work with the Dean to ensure that the University's Vision, Mission and Values Statement and Strategic Initiatives are the foundation of decision-making and action within the College.
- Serve as a resource to the Dean for the development and execution of the College's strategic plan and strategic initiatives.
- Serve in an advisory role to the Dean on matters related to personnel policies and procedures including recruitment, employment and salary administration. Ensure USNH personnel policies and procedures as they apply to Paul College are conducted in full accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Americans with Disabilities policies and procedures.
- Work closely with University and College Human Resources colleagues to ensure a coordinated approach across the College and a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and proactively resolve Human Resources issues.
- Work closely with the Dean and Associate Deans to review, recommend and process the current performance management system for staff (e.g. reviews, salary compensation, merit increases and professional development).
- Work with the Dean on hiring and contract terms associated with part-time and tenure-track faculty placement.
- Responsible for overall planning, organizing and directing of IT activities and operations for the Peter T. Paul College. Provide strategic leadership for the information technology department.
- Oversee the IT department and staff and College resources; integrate and develop internal policies and procedures.
- Develop short- and long-range hardware/software and personnel plans to meet anticipated information technology needs.
- Evaluate information technology requirements and recommend essential equipment and programs.
- Analyze and evaluate operational and management controls and recommend changes where necessary.
The Director of Finance and Administration has overall responsibility for the effective management, operation and security of the Peter T. Paul building. Develop and implement successful strategies to assure best in class facilities management.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining sound facility management and safe and efficient operation and use of the physical plant, infrastructure and associated equipment and fixtures.
- Develop operational procedures and best practices and ensure compliance by facilities personnel with established requirements, codes, regulations, licensing and security.
- Develop, implement and manage operational plans and assess utilization of the facilities.
- Oversee and direct the planning, design, development, construction and alteration of facilities.
- Work with other University departments to develop short and long term maintenance programs for building equipment and systems.
- Oversee staff and the allocation of resources and personnel. Enforce standards for the hiring, training and evaluation of facility service personnel.
- Serve as an active member of the facilities management team collaborating with all University departments and participate in campus committees as required.
- The Dean may assign additional areas of responsibility in general line with the nature of this position.
- Represents the College on University committees directly or through the appropriate staff.
Bachelor's and 10+ years of experience.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
Master's degree in business administration or related field and six years of progressive professional experience, or Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and ten years of progressive professional related experience.
Broad financial and operations management experience–Proven leadership and supervisory skills to provide vision, motivation and guidance to faculty, staff and students –Technology savvy with experience in planning and managing IT activities and operations – Strong analytical capabilities–Excellent strategic planning and organizational skills–Excellent problem solving and decision making skills–A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, visit http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/24854.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.