Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at
https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu . Reference position # 25150. AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Strong Customer Service Orientation.
- Ability to utilize UCLA mainframe systems including UCLA OASIS and QDB, UCLA on-line financial applications including MTF, TOF, on line NPEARs, PAN online systems, OFSR web reports, Bruinbuy and Travel Express (strongly preferred).
- Working knowledge of accounting principles to property initiate and review budget and financial journal to record transactions and adjustments.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare financial reports for a complex organization.
- Skill in analyzing accounting systems and recommending changes to improve processes while maintaining sound accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, practices or procedures to identify problems, patterns, trends and relationships, independently formulate logical and objective conclusions and recognize alternatives and their implications.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex financial information to non-financial people; prepare clear and concise correspondence, reports and procedural documents; and train users in processes and procedures.
- Ability to function as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues to accomplish the specific and overall goals of the department and as accounting liaison/analyst in a large, complex department.
- Skill and experience in financial management practices, including a basic understanding of internal controls, sufficient to analyze transactions and activity to determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to be extremely organized and detail oriented with effective follow-up skills; ability to work independently to accomplish work objectives and meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions, fluctuating and/or competing workloads.
- Experience in financial analysis, reporting, or audit.
- Skill in using proper English in writing clear, concise grammatically correct business correspondence, analyses and financial reports.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct