| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time. Position hours are generally Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Finance Director for the Graduate School will be responsible for financial oversight of the Graduate School budgets. This includes forecasting and analyzing trends including enrollment, tuition expenses, student stipends, and the fellowship programs. Supervisory responsibility for the payroll function and staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Chiefly responsible for overseeing and managing $1.2M in annual departmental operating budget, $26M in annual student support budget); monitor use of $66M in annual tuition income; monitor use of $9M in endowment income; produce long-term business plans that include strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning.
- Undertake research to advise the Dean on fiscal opportunities that align for growth and a competitive advantage with respect to student recruitment. Advise on the financial impact of current and future Graduate School policy.
- Administer all External Funding received by students in the Graduate School. Includes communicating and coordinating with such offices as: Office of Research, SPA, and Student Financial Services as well as other schools to ensure that external funds are tracked and applied toward appropriate fees and/or expenses. Prepare reporting and forecasting based around external funding earned by graduate students.
- Collate, prepare, and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries, and income of The Graduate School. Provide guidance on how to best streamline accounts where appropriate.
- Manage the payroll and accounts payable staff to ensure all accounts are paid timely and in the most efficient manner possible.
- Serve on the Graduate School senior leadership team – which includes all associate and assistant deans – to provide primary support to the Dean and the activities of The Graduate School.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Related Field plus 3-5 years’ experience in financial and/or accounting setting.
- Supervisory experience.
- MBA or Masters’ degree in finance, accounting, or related field preferred.
- Previous work in higher education administration.
The hiring range for this position is $49,881 to $64,838 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Dean of Graduate School. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Arts and Sciences.