| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
New York Life Insurance Group Job Description
Job: Chief of Staff to the Head of the Finance Services Organization
Reports to: Head of the Finance Services Organization
Job Level: CVP, PF6
As part of the One Finance Operating Model, the newly created Finance Services Organization (FSO) will strategically partner with Business Unit and Corporate Finance teams to drive forward the One Finance mission. A unique opportunity has arisen to work with the new Head of the FSO in the Chief of Staff role.
The Head of the FSO is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Chief of Staff to support the creation and implementation of the FSO. In this key position, the incumbent will work closely with the Head of the FSO and other FSO leaders to enable and support the achievement of business goals and key strategic initiatives. The Chief of Staff will support initiatives related to Finance, IT, and HR, and work closely with the CFO's direct reports and other key business leaders across the organization. The Chief of Staff's responsibilities include the execution and delivery of both day-to-day priorities and longer term goals and projects.
- Drive and support projects and initiatives related to the creation and implementation of the FSO, change management, leadership development, and employee engagement
- Lead-on and coordinate ad-hoc requests from within Finance or Business Units
- Act as key member of the FSO leadership team
- Involvement in the day to day planning and administration of the FSO organization:
- Staff Meetings
- Town Hall Meetings
- Communications to the team/broader organization
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial services industry and with broad industry knowledge and exposure
- Finance, Accounting or Actuarial experience preferred
- Agility, flexibility, and initiative to manage highly varied job activities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage many varied tasks at one time
- Strong attention to detail and superb organizations skills required
- Well honed interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with senior levels of management
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively across and multiple business units and functional support areas
- Proficient at using all Microsoft office products with the ability to create professional presentations and develop messaging around business strategies and initiatives
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.