Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as Tenure track faculty, Finance or Economics for the College of Business and Leadership(CBL).
The College of Business and Leadership (CBL) is seeking applications from academically qualified individuals to join its tenure track faculty. The selected candidate will serve as a subject matter expert in the field of finance or economics and a research and teaching resource to cross-functional teams who design and deliver programs for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students. The incumbent will teach courses in her or his academic discipline and contribute to thought leadership that positively influences the quality and relevance of CBL’s curricular offerings, both current and under development. S/he will actively engage across the university and within the business, professional, and broader academic communities.
Highly qualified applicants will demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and possess the following attributes:
- An earned doctoral degree in a closely related field of advanced studies that includes at least 15 graduate credits in finance and/or economics
- Substantial evidence of effective teaching in site-based and online settings at various levels including post-secondary education, corporate training, continuing professional studies or executive education
- Demonstrated ability to plan, facilitate, and assess educational experiences aligned with the interests of those who work and learn in the 21st century global information economy
- Preparation for supervising graduate and/or doctoral student research, including service on dissertation committees
- A vibrant faith life exemplified by church involvement, active Christian service, and a heartfelt calling to endeavors to realize Eastern’s missional outcomes
- Practical background in industry or a secondary discipline is a plus, especially in consumer financial services, financial planning, business metrics, and/or health services administration
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, you must apply through our Eastern University Job Portal ( http://jobs.eastern.edu/). Uploading your cover letter to include a brief statement of your faith, curriculum vitae, unofficial copies of graduate transcripts, and three professional letters of recommendation on our job portal are required. All positions remain open until filled. Applicants should not contact the hiring manager directly.
ABOUT EASTERN UNIVERSITY
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.