NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Finance Project Manager.
This position has responsibilities in managing special projects in the areas of Financial and Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Financial Analysis, and Reporting that support the overall financial results of the NYU School of Medicine. Projects will include long-term reporting package development, medium term resource allocation, as well as ad-hoc requests that may come from the Senior Director of Financial Strategy & Operations, Chief Scientific Officer, or Vice Dean for Education, Faculty and Academic Affairs. This position reports to the Assistant Director of SOM Missions and will provide day-to-day supervision of financial analysts. This position contributes to an environment of effective financial management, effective resource utilization, and compliance with regulations and adoption of leading practices within Financial Operations. This position interacts with senior leadership, principal investigators, and department administrators to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Serves as the manager for all financial operations of the NYU School of Medicine Research and Education Missions. This requires an acute sense of professionalism and diplomacy, as well as the ability to communicate in summary format for Senior Management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a vital part of this role in order to navigate the landscape of having multiple stakeholders at various levels of the institution expecting high quality and timely service. Must demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency and prioritize independently.
- Manages projects and oversees day-to-day analytical support for the Education and Research Missions based on an in-depth understanding of key business drivers, issues, and risks.
- Assists in the development of mission based financial reporting packages for the Senior Director, CSO, and Vice Dean of Education. Also prepares and analyzes the overall NYULMC and institute-level Research & Education Mission P&L reports with detailed variance analysis.
- Manages longer and shorter-term projects that may include: Cooperating with multiple stakeholders, problem solving with the available data, presentations of financial information (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Review, analyze and determine causes of trends in financial performance. Supports strategic planning, operational and capital budgeting, and forecasting activities. Manages annual budgeting process by working with multiple stakeholders in Central Finance, Education Offices, and School of Medicine academic departments. Provides consolidated budget analysis with new initiatives modeled for financial impact.
- All other duties as requested.
Must have a Bachelors Degree in accounting/finance with 5+ years related experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to multi-task and manage deliverables while adhering to deadlines. Must work well with others, analyze current needs, and recommend solutions. Highly detail oriented. High mathematical aptitude.
MBA preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.