The role of the Finance Analyst is to undertake data analysis, data input, investment and investor communication activities and to assist in the smooth running of the department as a whole.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Analyst:
· Processing calls to and distributions from investments - this task involves processing all fund and direct investment drawdowns and distributions and issuing deal and expense instructions to third party administrators. Maintenance of investment system records forms a key aspect of this important task.
· Processing calls from and distributions to investors - issuing call and distribution notices to investors, monitoring receipt/payment and dealing with all queries.
· Treasury related tasks - the role holder will be responsible for assisting in treasury-related tasks including the monitoring of cash balances for funds and liaising with senior finance team colleagues to arrange calls or distributions as required.
· Analysis of accounts and data input - analysing fund and direct investment accounts, extracting relevant information and entering this information to the investment system.
· Preparation of fund investment valuations - in conjunction with accountants, play a central role in the valuation process and liaise with fund managers on any issues as they arise.
· Trend analysis - undertake analysis of industry and geographic trends and produce reports for consideration by Investment Directors.
· Systems support and development - involvement in the development of the private equity investment system. This will include data analysis, data validation and data cleansing. There may also be opportunities to contribute towards the development of new system functionality, new report development and testing of system enhancements and new versions of software.
In addition to the above core responsibilities, the role may also involve supporting others in delivering the following aspects of the finance teams remit;
· Reconciliation of in-house records to external administrators records - this will include checks on book cost, income, investment gains/losses, cash balances, holdings, FX gains/losses and other relevant records as appropriate. Where required, the role holder will instruct the external administrators to amend or upgrade current working practices in light of new record keeping or reporting requirements.
· Checking and production of quarterly statements - as directed by senior operations team colleagues check information provided by external administrators for disclosure in the quarterly capital statements for limited partnership investors.
· Project initiatives - undertake project related tasks as assigned.
· New product initiatives - provide support on new product initiatives to ensure that all relevant accounting and operational issues are fully considered during the launch of new products.
· Investment and Marketing support - assist the investment and marketing directors on operations related tasks relating to fund and direct investments.
· Procedures Manuals - assist in the production of departmental procedures manuals covering all key aspects of the teams remit.
· General assistance - provide general assistance to ensure smooth and efficient running of the Operations team. This will include provision of cover in the absence of team members.
· Investor requests - responsibility for the resolution of a diverse range of investor queries.
Key Skills of the Finance Analyst:
- Analytical skills - able to visualise, articulate and solve problems and make sensible decisions based on available information.
- Attention to detail - takes a thorough approach when analysing and entering data.
- Team work - is supportive of colleagues and is willing to share ideas and listen to others.
- Client focus - maintains focus on client needs at all times and is flexible when trying to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Information gathering - knows where to get relevant information from and will make use of all available sources.
- Planning & organising - schedules daily work and does not rely on others to prioritise activities.
- Communicating & influencing - explains things clearly whether verbally or in writing in an appropriate style and tone.
- Preference for Action - takes ownership for work and will see things through.
- Responsibility - demonstrates a strong work ethic and takes initiative to meet client needs. Looks for opportunities to create value for the client.
- Tenacity - copes well with high volumes of work and thrives in a fast paced work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation. For more information please contact Chris Paine on 0131 473 4910 or email email@example.com.