The Assistant Vice President for Finance/Treasurer, reporting to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, is a key strategic institutional partner and is responsible for directing treasury operations including cash and debt management and capital planning. This position works closely with the CFO, and member of leadership to manage the funding, liquidity, capital and relationship with creditors and regulators with the goal of enhancing the universityâ??s financial resources through effective liquidity and financial risk management.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for the development of the universityâ??s debt strategy to provide competitive financing, lead the public debt offerings, negotiate financial and legal terms and present the universityâ??s credit profile to rating agencies.Develop plan to strategically position Brown to optimize financing structures for both long and short term investments while maintaining credit strength and low capital costs.Coordinate all debt management activities including implementation of debt policy, ensure compliance with applicable regulations and liquidity requirements, and oversight of debt issuances. Act as an advisor and partner to campus leaders, Office of Investment, Biology and Medicine and Real Estate.
Recommend cash funding requirements, opportunities to increase cash flow, and other cash strategies. Oversee the management and monitoring of cash liquidity.Manage the operating cash fund, including daily cash positioning and cash forecasting.Enhance treasury reporting tools and expertise regarding performance and critical information.Oversee various institutional forecasts to evaluate short and long term financing needs, conduct affordability studies, and establish the universityâ??s budget interest rate.Develop long term cash forecasts to optimize short term investing strategy. Maintain appropriate controls to safeguard and steward cash and related assets.Manage the preparation and analysis of cash and debt forecasts that support capital and operating investment allocation decisions.
Oversee and provide leadership to the financial and budgeting aspects of capital planning and construction and renovation projects, and ensuring appropriate funding, recording and financial analysis. Supporting the acquisition of real property from a corporate finance perspective, including ROI and business case analysis.Develop monthly reports, senior management reports, and board presentations for capital projects.Develop enterprise capital funding and financing plans, which are aligned with the capital needs inventory, capital plan and prioritization that aligns with the universityâ??s mission.
Leads and manages treasury operations staff including recruiting, retaining, and developing individual staff members. Develops succession plans, identifies professional development opportunities and ensures that staff are crossed trained.
Staffs, chairs, or serves on University committees as requested. Represents the University to external parties as appropriate. Develop and maintain treasury relationships with banking institutions.
- Bachelorâ??s degree required, with an undergraduate degree in accounting or finance strongly preferred
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive professional experience in finance and treasury leadership roles. Experience in a complex educational, research or other closely related not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated success supervising professional administrative staff.
- Strong broad-based knowledge of capital and currency markets, accounting, finance and tax.
- Advanced quantitative and financial management skills
- Advanced knowledge of capital markets, finance treasury operations and debt management.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills and the ability to represent the university with corporation members, donors, external constituents and accrediting agencies.
- Experienced user and developer of financial systems, cash forecasting tools, and databases. Experience with Workday preferred.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior level leaders across organizational lines.
- Strong project management skills; ability to effectively lead implementation of key business initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a proven record of success in working with all levels of leadership and staff in a rapidly changing and complex organization.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
All candidates are asked to submit both a cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as a current resume for consideration.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check, credit check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-11-30-08:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Vice President for Finance - Treasurer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.