Global Strategy Budget and Finance Analyst
The George Mason University Office of the Global Strategy, within the Office of the Provost, seeks a qualified candidate for a full-time Budget and Finance Analyst position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Manage funding and budgets for the Office of Global Strategy areas within the Office of the Provost structure;
- Support the Vice President for Global Strategy and the Mason Study Abroad Office, and work with the Office of the Provost Budget team;
- Serve as an expert in the integration and utilization of process and data, and be a liaison to various internal and external offices in matters of budget and finance;
- Function as part of a team;
- Support the development and implementation of annual operating budgets;
- Track, process and ensure reconciliation of financial commitments and activity on a monthly basis;
- Ensure maintenance of records and track correspondence;
- Develop/prepare reports as needed;
- Act as a payment approver for their area, as a backup for the other area, and perform other duties as assigned;
- Work with complex university information systems, and serve as an expert in the integration and utilization of process and data from sources such as eVA (commonwealth of Virginia procurement system), Sodexo, Travel Office, University Foundation, and related sources;
- Communicate with a variety of personnel throughout the university, comfortable and professional in handling confidential information, and possess the ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with a population of diverse individuals; and
- Serve as a liaison for the Office of the Global Strategy to faculty, staff and students regarding all budgetary data and issues related to budget.
- Bachelor's degree and demonstrated reconciliation experience or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience;
- Thorough understanding of budget techniques, revenue and expenses, forecasting and reconciliation;
- Skilled at dealing with problems and finding workable solutions;
- Must have strong organizational and financial skills along with solid skills in office technology and procedures; and
- Must be computer literate and adept at Microsoft Excel and Access, Adobe and Internet programs.
- Previous professional experience;
- Experience in a university administrative setting is a plus;
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Access; and
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy or other Oracle reporting tools experience.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check, Financial Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02572z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.