The Director of Finance position provides leadership and direction to the Finance functions for the Society. This position manages, directs, recommends, implements, monitors and administers financial policies and procedures, and is responsible for finance and accounting, financial reporting (including tax filings), budgetary controls and grants management. The Director of Finance is an active member of the Senior Management Team and manages direct reports.
Finance and Accounting:
- Provide expertise and guidance on all finance and accounting related issues and ensure compliance with appropriate federal and state requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain financial systems, policies and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting and effective internal controls.
- Generate timely and accurate financial management reports and analysis on a consistent basis and as needed.
- Clearly and accurately explain the financial results of the Society.
- Manage all aspects of the budget process and present integrated Society budget to Executive Director (ED) and F&AC for review and approval.
- Prepare year end projections and future forecasts for management planning as required.
- Partner with ED and Director of Business Development to develop financial strategy for organization including identifying new partnerships and revenue opportunities for Society.
Audit and Tax Returns:
- Oversee all aspects of preparation for and execution of annual audit including auditor communications.
- Coordinate and manage the financial interface between the Society and government agencies (federal, state and local), banking relationships, merchant accounts, payroll service.
- Staff liaison to the Finance & Audit Committee (F&AC) which entails managing the preparation, accuracy and financial reports for spring and fall meetings and other meetings as necessary.
Staff Management and Payroll:
- Manage direct reports to ensure accurate, timely and effective day to day operations of finance department.
- Manage Payroll.
- Oversee the management of all grant activities and serve as financial liaison with all grant authorities.
- Financial Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
This position is directly responsible for managing department staff.
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience. Preferred education: Master’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a hands-on and participative manager with final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for a non-profit organization with at least $6M of annual revenues.
- The ideal candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, and a technology-savvy team player with an entrepreneurial bent. This candidate should be an effective and articulate communicator, able to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients, and should have a passion for getting things done, with an interest in continual process improvement.
- The candidate must have experience with federal grants management and related audits, ideally A-133 and/or Uniform Guidance audits and their requirements.
- The candidate must have proficient knowledge and experience with GAAP principles, accounting and reporting software, ideally Dynamics SL and Crystal Reports, and be proficient with Excel and Microsoft Office. Experience with IMIS preferred.
- Minimal travel is expected.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org