The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Vice President for Advancement Finance and Administration.
The Assistant Vice President is the senior financial and administrative officer for Brownâ??s Division of University Advancement. The Assistant Vice President reports to the Senior Vice President for University Advancement and is responsible for directing and executing the financial administration, human resources management, gift and biographic processing and gift accounting, business intelligence and analytics, facilities planning and management, and information technologies programs that support Brownâ??s university-wide fundraising and alumni engagement programs. The AVP serves as the senior representative for Brown Advancement to university administrative partners in the central budget and finance, academic finance, human resources, and information technologies and programs, working closely with and representing Advancement to these key university constituencies. This position leads a team of 23 employees and directly oversees a departmental operating budget of $4 million. He/she strategically oversees the development and stewardship of Advancementâ??s $26 million budget; the recording of $300 million in new gifts and pledges annually; 294,000 biographical records; and all analysis relating to the budget, revenue, and campaign reporting.
- 10 â?? 15 years of progressively responsible financial, human resources, information technology and other administrative and operational management experience in higher education or the equivalent, preferably in an advancement program recognized for its strength and effectiveness, with at least five years of direct supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated success with, and knowledge and understanding of, finance and budgeting, human resources management, gift processing, analysis and reporting and information technology programs in support of a high performing Advancement program at a major research university.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies, plans and budgets in a complex, fast changing environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen and strong critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to create and utilize clearly articulated, metric-based, analytical solutions to complex problems.
- Is knowledgeable and conversant with relevant technologies and how they can be used in support of a comprehensive advancement program and in managing and measuring results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and the ability to work closely with and collaborate with senior level administration, Advancement staff, and alumni volunteers with confidence and diplomacy.
- Effectiveness as a change agent, with the ability to think strategically, to turn new ideas and approaches into executable programs, and lead a diverse staff through ongoing changes in organization, processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Possesses a high degree of personal integrity and a commitment to the values and principles essential to creating an environment of collegiality, civility, and responsible stewardship.
- A Bachelor Degree in business and/or accounting is required, with a preference for a Masters degree in business and/or accounting or CPA.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-08-10-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Vice President for Advancement Finance and Administration
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.