Deputy Athletics Director or Executive Assoc Athletic Director for Finance & Strategic Initiatives
University of Texas at San Antonio
April 11, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
Commensurate with Experience
Full-time - Experienced
The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking well-qualified individuals for its Deputy Athletics Director or Executive Associate Athletic Director for Finance & Strategic Initiatives.
Job duties include:
1. Oversees and directs the operation and administration of the Athletics budget, financial planning and reporting, analyzes strengths and weaknesses of the department’s finances and recommends timely corrective action.
2. Works directly with the University Business Office and the Roadrunner Athletics Foundation and ensures that the Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics stays apprised of the current financial status of the Athletics Department.
3. Provides oversight for the daily financial operations of the athletics department, and ensures that all area managers are knowledgeable about and have the tools to monitor and manage their respective budgets.
4. Develops financial models to assist in determining short and long term revenue goals.
5. Develops long range financial planning for the Athletics Department.
6. Oversees annual internal and external financial audits.
7. In collaboration with the Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics, leads the strategic planning process and provides systems and oversight for the implementation of strategic initiatives.
8. Aligns strategic initiatives with financial planning and supports the Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics to ensure that all are in alignment with university mission, vision and values.
9. Provides senior leadership and oversight for the facilities operations of the Athletics Department.
10. Provides financial oversight for the Athletics Department for capital projects.
11. Oversees the activities for human resources and ensures compliance as well as oversees the equipment room.
12. Serves as a sport administrator for designated sports to be assigned by the Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics.
13. Represents the Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics when designated.
14. Complies with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
15. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics.
MS Office Experience Required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Use of personal computer, Microsoft Office and standard office equipment.
Six years of progressive experience in athletic administration or in business operations in a related field.
A background that demonstrates high moral character, honesty and personal integrity.
Demonstrated success and mastery in managing a multi-faceted budget.
High level of business and financial acumen.
Experience in short and long term financial planning.
Experience in daily business operations including budgeting, human resource management, and financial statements and reports.
Experience with annual, internal or external auditing.
Experience with the strategic planning process.
Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships within a highly diverse organization.
Good listening, critical thinking, and analytical/problem solving skills.
Knowledge of NCAA and intercollegiate athletics policies and procedures.
Excellent written and verbal communication.
Ten years of progressive experience in athletics administration within a university setting with at least five years in business operations and/or strategic planning and in a supervisory capacity.
Previous work experience in NCAA Division I athletics program.
Experience leading a unit or units within intercollegiate athletics department.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
About University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas System and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
BACK TO TOP
MFM 550 W. Frontage Road Ste. 3600 Northfield, IL 60093