The University of New Haven is hiring for the position of Finance Systems Analyst. This position reports to the Executive Director for Budgets and Business Process Improvements, and responsibilities include the general maintenance of finance systems and data, applications and workflow configuration management, and report development and modification. The Analyst will work in conjunction with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) in the implementation o f technology affecting financial operations and will be a liaison to OIT for finance systems upgrades and enhancements. The position plays a critical role in implementing data management practices and improving the capacity of Business Services to use rep orting and analytical tools. The Analyst will combine an in - depth understanding of finance and accounting with a general understanding of other business processes as well as the technical acumen and knowledge of how to enable business and financial process es to be effective and efficient across a range of software systems. The Analyst also plays a key role in assessing end user technology requirements, collaborating with OIT to evaluate solution options, and leading and executing functional user acceptance testing.
• Review and recommend changes to i mprove operational effectiveness and the improvement of business processes to leverage the capabilities of finance application software.
• Support the training of staff in the use of finance applications and data.
• Perform other duties and responsibilitie s related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level and responsibilities of the position.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science required, dual degree a plus.
• A m inimum of five (5) years of related cross - functional accounting/finance and information technology experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Knowledge of third party reporting software applic ations such as Argos preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
• Experience working in a higher education environment is preferred.
• Experience with Ellucian’s Banner software and training or certification in project management a plus.
A pplicants must be authorized for work in the U.S.
Internal Number: 17-101A
About University of New Haven
The University of New Haven is a private, top-tier comprehensive institution recognized as a national leader in experiential education.Founded in 1920 on the campus of Yale University in cooperation with Northeastern University, UNH moved to its current West Haven campus in 1960 and opened its Orange Campus in January, 2014. The University operates a satellite campus in Tuscany, Italy, and offers programs at several locations throughout Connecticut and in New Mexico. UNH provides its students with a unique combination of a solid liberal arts education and real-world, hands-on career and research opportunities.The University enrolls approximately 6,800 students, including nearly 1,800 graduate students and more than 5,000 undergraduates – the majority of whom reside in University housing. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences, Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts, and Tagliatela College of Engineering, UNH offers over 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. UNH students have access to more than 500 study abroad programs worldwide and its student-athletes compete in 16 varsity sports in the NCAA Division II’s highly competitive Northeast-10 Conference.