This position will assist the members of the legal, finance and human resources departments with all administrative tasks including setting appointments, copying, faxing, creating presentations, answering the phone, filing and other duties set forth below.
• Answers incoming telephone calls, screen calls, and refers to proper manager for handling. Assists directly with routine inquires.
• Prepares and tracks correspondence.
• Manages the contract administration process.
• Professional interaction with senior-level management, External business associates and the company’s Board of Managers.
• Makes travel arrangements and prepares expense reports.
• Manages incoming and external mail and deliveries to staff in a timely manner.
• Edits and proofreads documents.
• Maintains the inventory of employee of department supplies.
• Prepares and tracks invoices for payment from outside clients and vendors.
• Prepares bi-monthly leave reports for Legal and Finance.
• Prepare and distribute TV One Affiliate Quarterly Certifications.
•Disseminates parking passes company wide.
• Submits time sheets for finance, legal, and Human Resources.
• Handle other duties as assigned
• Must be professional, organized, and efficient, will possess the ability to prioritize and will demonstrate the ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of legal and human resources work.
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects in a fast environment.
• High-level proficiency with various with various computer software packages including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Legal right to work in the United States. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: BS/BA degree preferred from an accredited college or university. Must have a minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience and a strong interest in the media business is preferred.
About TV One
Launched in January 2004, TV One (www.tvone.tv) serves 57 million households, offering a broad range of real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies and music designed to entertain and inform a diverse audience of adult Black viewers.
In addition to being the home of News One Now, the only live, daily news program targeting Black viewers, the network is best known for its signature programming brand, Unsung. The music biography series tells the untold stories of the greatest R&B and soul artists of our time has helped define TV One as a trusted storyteller and voice of black culture.
In December 2008, TV One launched TV One High Def, which now serves more than 14 million households. TV One is solely owned by Radio One [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, www.radio-one.com], the largest radio company that primarily targets Black and urban listeners.